Adding a "Search" window to the forum

looking for answer to VSTi problem

I wonder if Mr. Antonio would be willing to add a “search” box to this forum so that we could search for particular topics within the forum?

I’m having a problem with adding a VSTi to a midi track, and the “Help” topics states:

How to use a VST/DX instrument:

· select the desired VST or DX instrument to use in the Track / MIDI / New instrument channel pop-up menu

· open a MIDI track’s Track properties dialog box. The MIDI output port drop down box should now contain, besides the regular MIDI output port, an entry relative to the VST/DX instrument plug-in.

But when I perform this, I don’t get a “New Instrument Channel” selection in the pop up window.

If anyone could help, that would be great!

Jeff

A search like this one or am I missing the point…

<!–QuoteBegin>

But when I perform this, I don’t get a “New Instrument Channel” selection in the pop up window.

I’m not totally sure but I think it’s in a different place in different versions. I can’t remember where though. Hopefully someone will know, or I’ll remember…

[EDIT] I remembered. See my post below.

…oh and what Vsti are you trying to use?

ooooh ouch!! Totally missed the search button. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

I’m trying to use a drum vsti called “ersdrums”. If anyone out there has used it and knows how to make it work, I’m all ears.

I would just like to know how to get these Vsti’s working period. I know they have alot to offer, and I want to use them.

I think now I will do a “search”

OK, got it…

“Add Channel”–>"Add New Instrument Channel"

HTH

Mark

Okay!!

Got the VSTi thing worked out. VSTi’s are working; downloaded sfz and it does the job.

Now the problem I have is that I’m looking for a decent drum kit, and all of the ones I have found so far are pretty useless.

The one’s I’ve been downloading are from Hammer Sound, and so far, don’t like any of them.

I think I will start another string for suggestions for good to great free sound fonts.

Jeff

<!–QuoteBegin>

The one’s I’ve been downloading are from Hammer Sound, and so far, don’t like any of them.

I gave up using soundfonts for drum samples as you are by-and-large stuck with the kit as put together by the 'font’s author.

I now put together my own kits from discreet samples - of which there are thousands on the 'net. My favourite are still our very own Tom Hick’s samples, and the single shots that came on a BetaMonkey loop CD I have. You have to use a VSTi sampler though instead of SFZ.

Before you completely give up on soundfonts, try this:

http://naturalstudio.co.uk/ns_kit7free.html

This was the best drum soundfont I found by far.

In the end though, I splashed out on Sampletank after using the free drum demo they used to have on their site.