Alesis SR-18 Stereo 24 bit drum machine

Dan. I’m guessing you grabbed a hardware machine because you can’t be arsed with the midi/vsti bollox. I don’t imagine you could give a flying shite about a drum box’s generic history. Don’t blame yuh - but - you’re gonna end-up pushing just as many buttons as you would if you went with s/w instruments (keep it inde box)
Unless, of course, you’re a vintage h/w drum box nut, that is.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Jan. 22 2012, 4:19 PM)

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 22 2012, 12:10 AM)

He could easily have gotten one for what he payed for the Alesis SR-18.

or even better half of that:

eg. Roland R-8

that's a typical price for that model, has all the TR-808, 909, 707 samples as well as step sequence ability, quantizing, and even an autosync record feature (really good when taking beats to and from the computer via Midi for editing different instruments in the kit)

I think the idea, if one could grasp the concept, was I was suggesting looking for a hardware step sequencer/drum machine combination with midi IN/OUT for full versatility and integration with the DAW beats, those were just models I could recall of the top of my head.
I'm sure there are plenty of other drum machine offerings in the Alesis SR-18's price range that offer grid step sequencers if one wants to go *New $$$ personally I feel much of the newer stuff is overprices and under-functional since most companies are abandoning step LED grid displays for USB DAW editing options
:disagree: churning out "groove boxes" Yamaha RM1X, KORG EA-1,Roland EF-303, etc.

dontcare :cool:

Ok, we ARE talking about different things... you don't mean a TR808 but 808 sounds (or you are back pedaling and being a smart ass)... you mean something like an R8 or DR660/670/770 which IS NOT A TR808! Dude's a noob, be clear.
Otherwise I imagine him scanning eBay and calling every pawn shop in town to be sorely disappointed.

not trying to be a smarty alec their bubba.

I just thought step sequencer+drum machine+midi/IN-OUT was the better of the options if one wants to go OTB for their percussion needs.

Like I said those were just common models (probably because of the popularity of the sounds) that I could think of.

I can see how that can confuse somebody (that doesn't know to look for more recent models), so for his sake I apologize, for dat dat der.
:peace:

now that you know he was looking for an OTB solution what would be your suggestion for something user friendly but versatile for the home studio in that price range, $300, keeping in mind this could benefit someone else in the future who is on the fence with a product and happens across this thread.

dontcare :cool:

AND IT STOPS RIGHT THERE ???? NUTZ, I WAS STARTIN TA GIT AN EDDICASHUN HEAH !!!

ANYWAY…REMEMBER WHEN Y’ALL FIRST MET ME AND I WAS SO TICKED AT THE DRUMS … THIS IS FUNNY TO ME, SORRY :laugh:

I CAN SEE THAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH A BAND ON THE ROAD FOR THIRTY YEARS TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PICK UP ALL THIS PRICELESS INFO…I WILL NEVVAHH EVVAHH CATCH UP TO Y’ALL :p

BUT IT’S ALL GOOD…AND JERM ALONG WITH BUBBA WAS TOO MUCH IN THE ENTERTAINMENT DEPARTMENT FOR THIS GAL !!! :agree: :agree:

I CAN SEE AS I GET FURTHER BACK INTO THE POSTS JUST HOW MUCH FUN AH’M GONNA HAVE HEAH… :laugh: :laugh:

LOVIN’ IT ALL…LINNER :p

It’s all ok to have a little enertainment with a thread :laugh: There is a learning curve on this SR-18 for me anyway and i’m still working on N- Track …So much to learn…so little time…but haven fun :p