...and the award for all time bestest movie is....

…"Gummo"

If you haven’t seen it yet, you owe it to yourself to run, not walk to the nearest Blockbuster and snag it. A great flick to curl up with your sweety and a bag of popcorn. It’s a bit of a tear-jerker that takes place in Xenia, Ohio. I’m on my fourth viewing just today.

Hugh

I bet the folks in Xenia really hated that film.

Any movie with a 12 year old transvestite cat killer is going to have enemies. :laugh:

That movie has quite the Story Line…
:p

Are you sure…
phoo… ????

If you’re right…
it sure ain’t

Back To The Future…

Bill…

i’d rather see a 12-year-old transvestite killer cat

Bunny Ears.

Quote: (phoo @ Jul. 19 2009, 9:13 PM)

Any movie with a 12 year old transvestite cat killer is going to have enemies.
:laugh:

So you're sayin you rented it then? :laugh:

Not yet, but it’s on the list of movies I want to see. I watched Eraserhead and 20000 Leagues Under The Sea (1916 silent film) again this weekend. David Lynch is a favorite so Gummo is one of those that would be something I’d want to see…or own.

Last weekend was Slaughterhouse Five (first time I’d seen the whole movie at once) and THX 1138 (first time in many years). Weekend before was the BBC mini-TV Series of Day of The Triffids. (better story than the movie but typical BBC TV quality)

I’ve been enjoying Netflix, queuing up movies to watch instantly on the Xbox.

No Netflix Instant Queue available, but I have the DVD coming.

My favorite movie in the last decade or so is “The Cradle Will Rock” - but I’ve long loved the underlying Blitzstein musical, which is a great, great work of art, and was an important event in the musical and theatrical world. Tim Robbins did a great job with it, great actors…