Any BFD Drum users out there?

It took them a day or so, because they had to buy more serial numbers. Bubba, the problem is that it is crashing on install.

Quote: (TomS @ Sep. 07 2011, 4:56 PM)

It took them a day or so, because they had to buy more serial numbers.
Bubba, the problem is that it is crashing on install.

Thanks. Just got mine. Took about 7 hours. In this instant world I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWW!

:-)

Will let you know how the install goes.

Mark

Well install went without hitch. No time to play with it 'cos I’m supposed to be working.
:frowning:

Hrm, no idea. Their tech support was very good when I had to use them.

I used their online form and even included the crash log the program generated. I will give them another yell today.

Just a heads-up Tom, there’s a separate 775Mb download for the data/samples etc that you need to download and install. Might be worth trying the data install to see if there’s a generic problem with their installer or maybe it’s just the app installer that’s giving you problems.

Yep, got both of the installers, no joy.

Hmmm. What a pain. Have you tried another PC?

For what it’s worth, it looks like a nice piece of software but I’ve not really given it a good go yet. It seems to be much more resource hungry than, say, EZdrummer. In fact it’s struggling to run here on my laptop whereas EZD runs just fine. Will try it on my DAW soon.

Hey Tom, have you got BFD to install yet?

No, and I have twice reported the problem with no response. I am about to start bad-mouthing the company.

Quote: (TomS @ Sep. 13 2011, 4:17 PM)

No, and I have twice reported the problem with no response.

Ok, not good.

The product is worth persevering for though so don't give up.

Can you post the errors that you get here? Maybe we can get it sorted locally?

Mark

What version? 1.5.46-B10 was the last stable release if I recall. All others with greater versions in the 1.5x series never left beta.

Well here I have the only version available for download- v1.01 R27 - dated just over a year ago. It’s BFD Eco Bubba so different version numbers.

Mark, you want the whole error log?

Hey Tom,

I dunno, I guess so. How big is it? If you can post it here someone may be able to spot something in it that leads to a solution.