Anyone Use Guitar Tracks Pro?

Trying other software

Much as I love nTrack, if there’s a better alternative, for reasonable money, I’d be daft not to at least evaluate it. Doing some snooping, Guitar Tracks Pro seems to be quite a reasonable package, with effects and plugins geared more toward (obviously) guitarists. Just wondered whether anyone here had used it, and what their thoughts were on it?

I’ve use it as a demo. I don’t know problem for me here is it’s a jack of all trades package that doesn’t do one trade particularly well. So a large portion of the investment goes towards that portion which I already have with nTracks taking away what I want to invest for great guitar effects. So for me it doesn’t fly. Personally I don’t think the effects are much better than chaining free vst guitar effects and amp models that you can get off KVR.
There are some real gems out there that work with nTracks. Here’s a link to a compiled listing of free guitar effects.

www.guitarists.net/forum/view.php?forum=10&thread=32091

A dedicated multi effects package you could try, that’s in the same price range as guitar tracks is from DSound called GT 2.5. They put out a bunch of standalone VST stomps about 5 years ago called the Stomp’n FX series that were very good. Now they have packaged updated versions of these stomps in an interface that functions similar to Waves GTR 2.0, at a fraction of the cost. The noise gate pedal in this series needs work though. You can host your other VST directly in the program so that really gives this program lots of power and endless possibility.

http://www.dsound1.com/products/index_en.htm

The best I’ve used to date as an effects package has been NI Guitar Rig 2. It functions well with nTracks as a VST. It is a bit of a CPU hog, but it’s quite expensive.

In my opinion nTrack is a fine product and if what you are missing is guitar effects, buy a package that is dedicated to guitar effects that can be hosted in nTracks.

Quote (StuH @ Mar. 30 2006,10:57)
In my opinion nTrack is a fine product and if what you are missing is guitar effects, buy a package that is dedicated to guitar effects that can be hosted in nTracks.

Of course, after using those plug ins for a while, you will begin to think, "hmmm, those effect plug ins in n-Track are really cool, I should go back and exploit them some more..." :)