anyone using automated fx parameters?

Quote: (Levi @ Jan. 02 2010, 11:41 PM)

Varakeef?
Don't ever remember seeing a play button there, or shaped like a triangle.

Yes, but you see it now in the upper picture I posted? Right next to the eq buttons and the hammer... a small greyish triangle pointing to right.

Click on the Draw Volume/Pan Envelopes toolbar button. Effects Parameters is the selection at the bottom of the popup menu.

Yep I see it in your photo now varakeef.
Thx for the image.

In the manual: 2.2.

Volumes and effects parameters automation
It’s explained but I’m not getting any response from the effect like Tempus. The effect and parameters are selected in the dialog box, that causes the envelope draw string to appear for the track.
However after setting the desired location for the effect to happen, nothing changes.
Anyone able to get this feature to work?

Quote: (phoo @ Jan. 03 2010, 9:57 AM)

Click on the Draw Volume/Pan Envelopes toolbar button. Effects Parameters is the selection at the bottom of the popup menu.

Did you test this feature phoo? To the point of having an effect applied at a specified point on the time line?

Hey Levi

I’m still using v4 and that little play icon is there, like in varkeef’s screenshots. I don’t have 6 downloaded but when I put in the bug report, Flavio replied and said to push that play icon button, which is odd since it wasn’t in the other screenshots. I’m not sure where it is now, but let me do a search for the reply.

Thx Tempus, there is no play button in V6 like that in V4., that I could find.
Seems like that confused Bax3 as well.
However I do have text now appearing on the track saying: Track 1 2 AutoVolume Depth L… but no changes take effect.
I’m also having trouble getting the draw sting to reappear after the initial setup.

That’s about all the time I have for it today.
I have to go change into my glam rock super hero suit now, because as you know, time flies! :laugh:

I didn’t try it too much, but it was working in the short test I tried, with the first plug-in I found that exposed parameters. The trick it knowing which plug-ins support automation and which don’t. The only way to know is to see if any parameters are exposed in the Effects Parameters dialog. All effects being used in the tracks and auxes should be there, but that doesn’t mean they can be automated. Obviously, no parameters in the drop-down list means they aren’t automatable. Some parameters might be in the list and not really be useful in automation, or even do nothing.

Here’s the reply Flavio sent me:

Quote:

To enable to playback of effects automation parameters you
must
enable the corresponding entry in the popup menu that appears
clicking on the little Play button in the right part of the main
transport toolbar, to the left of
the “Transpose” control.

Thx tempus, v6 and v4 look alot different.

Phoo if what your saying is true, and I’m sure that it is.
That means that the nTrack echo and the nTrack auto volume do not support automation.
I’ll have some time to work with it a little this week, it’s very possible I’m messing up somewhere.

Echo and AutoVol seem to both support automation.

Well, I got those parameter lists on various effects and I’m able to draw the lines that are supposed to make the changes, but I don’t hear a thing changing.

Sounds like a bug. I didn’t get that far actually. First things first was to make sure we were on the same page getting the automatable effects into the automation dialog.

First I added the effect to the track.
Then to the effects parameters dialog box, at that point the draw sting automatically appeared on the track.
I lowered the draw string everywhere except the area I wanted automated.
no results on playback.

Quote: (varakeef @ Jan. 04 2010, 2:43 AM)

Well, I got those parameter lists on various effects and I'm able to draw the lines that are supposed to make the changes, but I don't hear a thing changing.

Same here

I also felt that the effects parmaters dialog box options didn’t offer enough output choices. I think it should offer output to a mix of the two tracks as it is, not just to the L or R. In some cases I would want to sweeten a portion of the track with an automated effect not just create some big change like taking a stereo track and forcing it to one side or the other.

This has got to be do-able in v6, because in his email to me, Flavio refers to the play icon being ‘to the left of the Transpose button’. I’ve been using v4 forever and I don’t remember ever seeing a Transpose button.

I do know, Levi, that I was getting the exact results you are (i.e., stuff in the parameters menu, drawstring, but no actual change in the sound) until I hit that play button. Then it worked like it should.

Oh ok thanks, maybe Flavio will chime in or one of us will find the play button.

Thanks Phoo… it works now! :agree:

(I was just about to ask how do you get that box opened “Enable effects paameters automation”, but it’s right there the famous triangle near the transpose button) :)

Aaa the mysterious buttons! Thx Phoo! Looking forward to praticing this feature when I get home from work :agree:
Flavio might consider adding a little more wording to the help files