anyone using sonitus:fx suite with N?

I’ve been looking into upgrading my plug-ins and was wondering if anyone here is currently using the sonitus offerings. Any opinions on other packages/individual favorites? I’m particularly interested in verbs, comps/lims and eqs. Currently using N v3.3 on Win2000 w/ P4 1.8 and 1GB RAM.

before cakewalk bought them out, they used to have demo versions you could download. i played with those versions and used them in N-track and loved them.

i actually bought the surround plugin a couple of months ago and have been using it with great results in N. i would have purchased the whole suite if i could, but my wallet said NO.

lates

t-willy

I had the Sonar 3 demo and I really liked the Sonitus effects. I actually preferred the Sonitus reverb over the Lexicon Pantheon. YMMV. The Sonitus Multi-Band Comp was very impressive. They were all excellent quality IMO. My wallet won’t let me buy them either. :(

TG

tWilly

Why a surround plugin tho? N-Track doesnt have surround capability
???

Quote (aspiringWanderer @ Nov. 12 2004,11:31)
tWilly

Why a surround plugin tho? N-Track doesnt have surround capability
???

i guess i should clarify that a little. that plugin is great for me in that it easily allows me to place all my parts where i want them. i do a lot of vocal and guitar tracks and sometimes everything gets a bit squished together. i've found that with the sonitus surround plug, i can place things were i want them, to give them a little more space to stand out. this includes not only to the left or right, but the front and back of the mix as well.

now, i know you're gonna say i could just as easily space tracks out with the panning in N, but i've personally had better results with this plug in. it really does allow me to put certain parts more in the front or back of the mix as well as left or right. i'm not much of a technical guy (in case you couldn't tell :;): ) so it just works well for me.

lates

t-willy

No…its actually intriguing…the method of front/back for me was pushing the faders around and controlling the amount of reverb to determine front/back.

Sounds cool tho :)