Auto tune / pitch correction VST

I should add that I tried the demo of the Melodyne stanalone tuner and it is awesome. But I’m having a hard time justifying the $200 price at the moment. That’s why I’m hoping to at least get a look at Gsnap Autotune before making a decision.

I knew I needed to have some pitch correction on a vocal track and it was really remarkable to just load it and let it automatically make the correction. An excellent tool for working on my intonation .

I’ll try GSnap again tonight to make sure I’m doing everything right.

I did look this morning and the “process as stereo” box was NOT checked.

Thanks for all the input - I may look at one of the VST hosting solutions.

Shayne

I tried changing to mono playback and it causes a terminal slowdown on my machine. I suspect it has something to do with my EMU 1616m card. So, the track IS mono, but if the driver playback setting is affecting GSnap I guess I’m stuck.

I guess the next step will be checking out one of the VST hosts to see if that makes a difference.

Shayne

The Melodyne plug-in blows nTrack away. No error messages, no lock-up, just straight back to the desktop and nTrack is no longer running. This occurs as soon as I select a track and then try to add the Melodyne plug-in to that track.

Oh well, I guess it will be the Uno version for me.

Shayne

Just changing N to mono playback won’t send a mono signal to the plugin. If your vocal track is stereo, it will still be sending the stereo wav to GSnap and then N will just be converting the total output to mono at the end.

You need to have a mono wav file on a track and then load up GSnap on that track.

Why is your vocal track in stereo? Am I missing something?

What a tangled web we thread…

The track I’ve been trying is a mono vocal track. Some suggestions were made to look at various options that might cause the mono track to be processed as stereo…

The only “stereo” setting I can find is in my ASIO driver and when I try to change it nTrack flies apart.

I’m going to mess with it a little more tonight. I’ll give a report later.

Shayne

I sent a support request to Flavio and he was unable to replicate the problem. So I’ve sent a dump file for his review.

I’ll say that he certainly responds quickly.

Shayne :)

WOW! I started this huge thread? Geez, I downloaded G-Snap and had no trouble. I have an older version of n-track -…the older version works for me and I worry my PC wont handle a newer version.
G-Snap worked, but did not make a huge differance for me. I think I’m probably pretty much on key I guess. What I did with it was correct a couple of off notes that I hit while attempting a 3 part harmony…It adjusted me down a little below my normal range when I squaked a couple low notes …heh heh heh…aren’t we sneeky!!! :laugh: :D :;):

Flavio was able to reproduce my problem with GSnap. He found that the crash seemed to occur when either playback or live input processing was not active.

He is going to try and collaborate with the GSnap author to see if the problem (which appears to be occuring within the GSnap plug-in) can be resolved.

I’m now able to work around the crash by making sure that Live Input is enabled before attempting to add GSnap to a track.

Many thanks to Flavio for the quick response.

Shayne

there ia another AUTOTUNE on page below, havnt tried it because i have AUTOTUNE in a tin (hardware rackmount unit)

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio.htm

Dr J

Way back when, I used to have a whole series of DirectX DX Plugins installed… I still have them on a CD somewhere, but I don’t use them anymore as I have bought replacements (plug-ins) for them. A good majority of the effects I have loaded now are VST types…

Bill…

[EDIT]
It might be interesting to load that DirectX Auto-Tune plug to see if in fact it behaves with n-Track… on the timeline.

Quote (DR Jackrabbit @ Dec. 16 2006,21:25)
there ia another AUTOTUNE on page below, havnt tried it because i have AUTOTUNE in a tin (hardware rackmount unit)

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio.htm

Dr J

This AutoTune is not for what we are talking about, tuning voices/instruments in realtime inside n-Track. It is for tuning Samples and it dont work in realtime, and is not a plugin.
Can be usefull anyway, for someone making sampling of some instrument.
Quote: (marce @ Dec. 07 2006, 8:08 PM)

you can try GSnap, is a free autotuner, and works nice.

how do you pull that up in ntrack to use???