Auto tune / pitch correction VST

Anybody know of a voice pitch correction VST to recomend with n-track? any demos out there?

you can try GSnap, is a free autotuner, and works nice.

+1 for GSnap.

I use it for my dodgy vocals all the time.

Plus it has a good visual display which lets you see how much off pitch you are on each not as well.

One more vote for Gsnap. However, if you want to go the extra mile and get something a bit more sophisticated, Melodyne plugin may be for you - just released a couple of days ago.

I have Melodyne Uno (standalone), and it has its serious uses, although I frequently use it just as a toy - endless hours of fun rearranging almost any (monophonic) track. :D

regards, Nils

Thanks!
That was easy!
I’ll let you know how it works out! :D

Hi Gents:
I often heard Mark A talk about these plugs… when he was around here… I never did download them… (My Dial-up is just Too slow) I just went to the page and downloaded the plugs and docs… If they work like the docs say they do there ain’t too many more VST plugs needed to edit your tracks…

Does n-Track allow sub-folders to be created in the VST Folder?

If so, I’d like to make a G Plug, Sub-Folder in the VST folder… now that I downloaded the complete plugs that are on the G-plug page.

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Does n-Track allow sub-folders to be created in the VST Folder

I have had the need to try, but it should, since all you’d have to do is add the sub-folder as a vst search folder (in V5 for sure, and I think in V4, and maybe in V3). n-Tracks might already do sub folder searches.

Hi phoo and Readers:
I got busy and installed all the VST G-Plugs that were on that site…

I’m fascinated by them…

But back to the VST / n-Track folder for a moment… I created a G-Plug Sub-Folder in the VST v4 directory… and copied the VST .dll files to it… They are all in there… They appear in the v5 effects area… No Issues of any Kind… Great…

Back to the VST G-Plugs…

I began to open them up… one-at-a-time to a Stereo Track on the timeline… These plugs are great… to say-the-least… Each of them has a Help/documentation file that can be opened after the Zip file is un-packed… I don’t have them in the n-Track VST folder… But they are available (for reference) wherever you want to store them… They don’t appear to be resource hungry… at least the ones I’ve tried.

But… there are a few that “Locks Up” n-Track when they are opened. They create a .dmp file as this “Lock-up” happens. I haven’t yet commanded the .dmp file to be saved. It’s possible I’m doing something that isn’t right… We’ll see…

For any of you that are interested… there are 19 VST plugs available for download plus… there is a “Control” plug for any Windows Operating System that is not XP… That .dll file needs to be copied to the System 32 folder… e.g. '98SE, of the Windows folder… I’ll be checking that out on my '98SE desks, when I get into the studio…

However, I discovered that the last three plugs “In Order” that is on the download page does not behave with n-Track… It would be interesting to see if the same issues occur with any of you that have them installed in n-Track… The last three plugs are ReverseDelay…GSnap… and GTune… I’m not sure about the GNormal… Maybe it’s O.K. Can’t remember right now…

If the same issue happens with your setups I think the .dmp file should be sent off to Flavio for him to look at… to see if there could be a “Fix”… The GSnap and GTune seem to be the “KEY” plugs…

However, I’ve been playing with the GBand plug along with the Kjerhaus MPL-1 Master Limiter… in that order, to control the “Sub - Bottom End” of the songs in this project I’m re-mastering…

Bill…

I’ve only tried GSnap, but I also get an unrecoverable error in 5.02 Build 2186…

Shayne

Hi shayneb:
Thanks for the reply… There seems to be something not right about how GSnap behaves with n-track, then… Did you get a .dmp file created? I was gonna open a mono vocal track and see if the plug works in n-Track. I saw Flavio up here earlier today… Maybe, he had a peek at this thread… We’ll see how tomorrow goes. He might post a Fix Build for this… Maybe, it’s the plug?

Bill…

Hi Bill,

Gsnap is running fine on my machine (Ntrack V 5, build 2180).

T

Hi tspringer:
Whatever it is the GSnap plug and a couple of other ones just don’t like to be launched on a stereo track on the n-track Timeline… A close exception screen comes up saying that n-Track needs to close … requesting if I would like to create a .dmp file… The file is 52 kbs in size.

I sent the file off to Flavio for him to inspect.

I forgot to include the build number… but I have the latest build installed… 2187 is the build… I am unable to launch the last three plugs… including the GSnap one…

I haven’t played in detail with all of them yet… They appear to have some great potential… the ones I have played with, anyway…

Bill…

Isn’t Gsnap mono?

Yep. That is probably why woxnerw is running into a problem. You have to split the stereo track into two mono tracks, and then kill one of them, and then run G-Snap. Didn’t catch that he said stereo track…

T

Hi Gents:
I didn’t pay enough attention to How or what the plug likes regarding the track config. The .dmp file went off to Flavio, earlier today… If we don’t hear from him on this one, I’ll understand. I’ll look for a track that is mono and give it another go… I should have spent some more time with it … here in the pit…

Bill…

The track I got the error on was mono…

Shayne

Was the track option to process mono tracks as stereo turned on? If it was then that’s as good as playing a stereo track.

It shouldn’t crash in any case.

Hi Guys:
I haven’t been able to open the plug… The n-Track close exception that I get, is immediately… The track I used was a “Mix-down’d” two-track that I just pulled out of a hard drive…

Bill…

Sometimes happens that some plugins dont feel friendly with n-Track. In that case you can use some wrapper, like Chainer, Phrazor or SpinAudio VSTWrapper Lite. They allow you to load plugins using a different engine than n-Track, while been inside n-Track.
Well, luck!