Aux sends not saved in song

I’ll check it out when I get home tonight. I really appreciate everyone’s help.

Since my DX plugs are also not showing up, the only thing that I can figure is that I didn’t get a good install. Also, I DID have issues with running N prior to installing XP SP3. Flavio indicated in another thread somewhere that SP3 wasn’t required, but I got nothing but crashes until I installed SP3.

This particular machine is an HP/Compaq laptop that I set aside for the sole purpose of capturing multitrack audio. The “HP/Compaq” part of that statement is probably the reason that I’m having so many issues.

Well, I figured out my problem. I don’t think I had to add sends before but now I guess you do. i added sends and it works. My fault.
Larrye

Larrye, glad you found your problem and solved it. Mine is a bit different, I AM adding sends but am losing them in the SAVE… I must have a bad install.
I’ll try another reinstall tomorrow - today’s been “one of those days” at work, trying to release several pieces of software through a very bureaucratic process.
MORE WINE!
:)

Mystery solved (sort of…)

Did an uninstall/reinstall of N V6.0.8. Afterward, I was disappointed that the DirectX plugs still don’t show up, but I’ll keep digging into that issue.

After reinstall, I loaded up one of my saved .sng files. The AUX sends magically showed up!
I went into Preferences and reconfigured to match my old settings. After playing around a bit, I exited N. When I restarted the program and reloaded my .sng file, the AUX sends were gone again!

To come to the point directly, I believe there may be a slight bug. If you go into Settings->Preferences->Options and click to select “New tracks have sends to all auxs”, that causes the aux sends to not be reloaded from the .sng file. My understanding is that click box should only provide aux sends as a default as new tracks are added, but shouldn’t affect any auxes on current tracks at all. Anyway, as long as the aux sends are saved, I can live with having to manually add them to tracks.

If Seven or anyone could verify my findings, I’d appreciate it.

Good work guys. I’ll have a noodle around shortly, when domestica is less demanding.

Quote:

To come to the point directly, I believe there may be a slight bug. If you go into Settings->Preferences->Options and click to select "New tracks have sends to all auxs",

Well - that explains a lot. Cus ver 6.0.6 doesn't have that option in
Pref/Options so I guess it always saves/restores. Could be a problem if
you saved a .sng in an older version and opened in a newer version.

I'm kind of slow to upgrade until I really need a particular feature.
But I think I'll go to 6.0.8 now.