Baked my first loaf of bread

was it worth it?

I’m always experimenting in the kitchen.
But I don’t use effects there.
Anyway I used bits and peaces from a couple different recipes.

And it turn out a bit like a human head.
Very hard on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
:angry:
The heck with third time, second time will be the charm!
:D
Any one need a new door stop, or light weight balling ball? :laugh:

:laugh:

if it’s simliar to a human head, would you put it in a horse’s bed as a mafia-style warning?

ho made bread is a wonderful thing
i had this fanny farmer cookbook and in it was a recipe for
peanutbutter bread, ya know it wasnt where they show you how to put peanutbutter on a hunk of bread,this bread had peanutbutter right in the recipe man,and it came out all brown and and crunchy(if’n ya used crunchy type PB!)
wild stuff man,i dont think i could have gotten through a couple tuff times without it,infact that bread changed my life
look up the recipe Levi,

I enjoy cooking but can’t bake to save my life. I always figured the reason was because baking is like chemistry: you alter/change/ignore recipes at your peril.

Too darn precise, baking is; no room for creativity.

Peanut Butter Bread
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Prep Time: 10 min Inactive Prep Time: 0 min Cook Time: 50 min Level:
Easy Serves:
1 loaf 2 cups all-purpose flour

1/3 cup sugar

1 teaspoon salt

4 teaspoons baking powder

1 1/2 cups milk

1/2 cup peanut butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine dry ingredients. Add milk and peanut butter. Pour into a greased 8 by 4 by 3-inch loaf pan. Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Serve with your favorite jam.

i’m with bill. i hate that you can’t be sloppy and ‘creative’ in the baking department. doesn’t go well with attention-problem people like me. a hollandaise sauce is the limit of my mental taxing and precision in the kitchen.

Peanut butter bread sounds good I’ll make that some time.
I made what I call quick cakes last week.
and for the frosting I used sprite soda (pop for you canadians) in a pan with a ton of sugar and flower, a pinch of salt.
Sweet!
Anyway I took a physical last week and the nurse said ‘you have sugar in your urine, have you been eating anything different?’
noooo :laugh:
Baking is dangerous!

I checked another recipe and I see that I didn’t let the dough rise a second time after punchin it down and roughin it up.

Levi - one pizza to go please.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Mar. 09 2009, 10:38 PM)

Levi - one pizza to go please.

yeah!!!
and hold the anchovies

I’ll take a loaf of Banana Nut Bread please!

Sure, oh by the way I make those shaped like an actual banana, that ok?

One pizzas for wozz and 7’, was that a pepsi for Wozz and 7’ too? How abouta some nicea conies on the sides? Served with sweet beefa franks, with out greata gormay chilies, a genorus layer of fresha onions, and a respectful dose of decorative mustardardo! ummmmyummy! they are ummmYummy, you can dunk them in the pizza pie and smearz them all over your faces! ummmYummy I’m tellin you! ummYummy boys! :agree: Ok boys thats 15,000 bucks will that be take out or dine in? Hey I’m not cheep boys whats the matter with you anyway?

I made bread once … I couldn’t break it with a stone hammer…

My mom could make bread to-die-for…
I didn’t know it at the time…
But now I do…
It’s to-die-for…
A 1" slab with real butter was so good…
:p
It’s a killer…

Bill…

I made sourdough bread a few times back in the early '90s, but all I really remember about it is you have to let the loaf rise before you stick it in the oven. It did turn out pretty good though.

Mix - knead - rise - punch - form - rise - bake.
In most cases anyway.

Quote:

Mix - knead - rise - punch - form - rise - bake.

i don't know, but that sounds like a cross between some sort of street fighter and some sort of drug addict.

Jdet, you’re definitely gettin’ on a roll now that your back’s not loafin’ on ya. :agree:

ew… Kevin said “roll” and “loafin’ on ya” in a bread topic.

couldn’t fit crusty in there? :laugh: