Basic File Saving Problems

Can’t save .wav outside of .sng

This file stuff has always confused me. A few years ago, when I would save any recording, it would save / change the .sng file AND save the particular .wav file, and put all in the correct folder. Now, with the same (?) old version of N-Track newly re-loaded, on the initial track recording for a song, the .sng file is saved, but there is no separate .wav file saved in the folder. When I open the .sng file, the .wav file DOES show up in the N-Track window, but I don’t know WHERE IT CAME FROM. I double-checked my saved-file-path-preferences, and they are OK.
When the .wav file apppears in the N-Track window, when I try to save it as a .wav file back INTO the file, the MIXDOWN function pops up.

you said - “when I try to save it as a .wav file back INTO the file, the MIXDOWN function pops up” - this is correct -

once a wave file has been created then it no longer needs to be saved unless it has been altered, it it has been altered then it has to be mixed down again to contain the changes -

when you save a song, all N does is to save the references for the contents of the song - if the wave file in question is in another folder on your hard drive, all N does is to remember where it is, N does not move wavefiles into a folder specially for that song - the wavefile has a name so doing a search for that name will show where it lives - if you wish to move it to another folder you can copy and paste it there -

Dr J