Beatles

Love

Anybody check out the new “Love” CD in which George Martin & his son took many of the Beatles’s songs & re-arranged them, etc. Some of it is quite interesting. Some not. You can listen at www.Beatles.com.

I haven’t checked that out yet Mike. Almost scared to do it to be honest. Some things are just best left alone sometimes. I bet it is interesting though. I’ll have to browse over and scope it out. Some of these remake things leave a bad taste in my ears know what I mean? It’s funny though, I heard the Fartones (phoo and Teryeah and gang) version of "Hey Bulldog before I heard the Beatles version. No comparison. I like the Fartones better! Go figure…

D

Heresy! :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

I heard the Fartones (phoo and Teryeah and gang) version of "Hey Bulldog before I heard the Beatles version. No comparison.

The Fartone’s version is indeed good but nothing or nobody will ever replace Lennon’s vocal work (or the rest of the band for that matter).

Let me be clear - the “Love” production is a must for any Beatles’ freak.

<!–QuoteBegin>

but nothing or nobody will ever replace Lennon’s vocal work (or the rest of the band for that matter).

That’s why I’m not a big fan of remakes. This is not a remake from what I gather… it’s more of a remix/remaster/rearrange kind of thing. Right?

D

For craps sake Dio…just listen to it! :p

I listened to it last night. It’s great. Love what he did with Strawberry Fields. Quite a bit of time and effort must have went into this.

KF

WOW! I’m very flattered, but I understand what D means. Yet, in no way could any of our versions compare in any way with the originals. I don’t take the compliment in that way.

Here’s an example. What’s the best version of Hound Dog? What’s the original version of Hound Dog? What was the first version you heard? Most folks would say Elvis for all three, but what about Big Mama Thornton? Folks that heard the Big Mama version first may cringe at what Elvis did to her song. Elvis fans would not necessarily like her version better.

I have to go listen to be sure, but I’m very inclined to give all of Love a thumbs up even up before listening because it was done by Sir George Martin and his son. If it was done by Giorgio Moroder then I WOULD feel the same way as D, and I may yet depending on a few listens.

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself…or…Manfred Manns version of Blinded By The Light. :)

KF

If only he could pronounce “Duce”! :)

Quote (KingFish @ Nov. 29 2006,00:51)
or…Manfred Manns version of Blinded By The Light. :)

KF

There’s another version??.. :D :D :D

thinkin its originaly a Springsteen tune Bruff…

Quote (wozz @ Nov. 29 2006,03:31)
thinkin its originaly a Springsteen tune Bruff...

Eyup!

Yes indeed, and it is truly excruciating ???

Springsteen version

I don't think I'll be buying "Love" but the version of "While my guitar gently weeps" is great :;):

Oh, and I prefer The Fartones version of "Hey Bulldog" so there Phoo!
You'll just have to live with it I'm afraid :)

Steve
Quote (wozz @ Nov. 29 2006,12:31)
thinkin its originaly a Springsteen tune Bruff...

Errr! Yes.. sorry, I was in fact being a tad sarcastic. I've got both versions!
:;):

I'll refrain from commenting on which is best. :)
Quote (Beefy Steve @ Nov. 29 2006,17:51)
I don't think I'll be buying "Love" but the version of "While my guitar gently weeps" is great :;):

Listen to Jeff Healeys version.

Jeff Healey is the shiznit bro’…

D

I’m sorry but Manfred is such a douche in the night.

There’s that guy who does a great uke version of gently weeps but I forget his name…

Also, there should have been a warning the Ringo would sing…

KF

Eyup!

Quote (Beefy Steve @ Nov. 29 2006,08:51)
Yes indeed, and it is truly excruciating ???

Springsteen version

No way! Bruce got mad flow on that track!

<!–QuoteBegin>
Oh, and I prefer The Fartones version of “Hey Bulldog” so there Phoo!

Agreed! It’s like comparing Jimi’s All Along The Watchtower to Dylan’s original version!

<!–QuoteBegin>

It’s like comparing Jimi’s All Along The Watchtower to Dylan’s original version!

That’s another one where I heard Jimi’s version first and then later heard Dylan. Dylan blew chunks on it man… terrible! Jimi saved that song.

D

But this isn’t Patty Paige sings songs of the Beatles…This is the Beatles Remixed and/or Collaged. Big Difference.

KF