Beehive Studio's

The difference between a redhead and a blonde: A redhead is a blonde from hell unless their named Ange.
:)

Quote:

Seven...
"How'd you get so rude and reckless?
Don't you be so crude and a feckless
You been drinking brew for breakfast
Rudie can't fail"

Ohhhhhh - The Clash

duh - sorry man

So sorry everyone, It’s half term here and finding a free moment to post is not easy! There’s so much to say…

firstly, to answer some of your questions…

Quote:

Who’s the cute girl in the chair?

Put your glasses on dear!

Quote:

How does this studios rates compare to the last studio?

I can hardly believe that this is true myself, given that Olly is ten times the engineer that Rich was, the studio is light years more advanced and professional…

The same!!!
£15 an hour!

Quote:

Where are you ?? ?

somewhere in Somerset in a liccle house backing on to a field with noisy cows mooing at me!

Quote:

When does the album go public?

I think we are aiming for late February but things are about 3 weeks behind at the moment so it could be later.

progress so far…

we’ve done 13 out of 14 main guitar tracks and the vocals with harmonies for 7 songs. We have to finish vocals and then we’re on to little sound fx and percussion, flute and second guitar tracks etc etc.

Studio time is running out quickly and last week I started to fall apart a little with the stress of it all. 9-5 and being a mum is hard! (Rob has been incredible, cleaning, cooking, the whole family has pitched in and i’ve called in every babysitting favour out there) Then when we realised we were about
£1000
short on budget I started to crack a little under the pressure. We prayed, a lot!

Incredibly our investor (one of the most fantastic human beings on this planet whom I have the uttermost
respect for and cannot even find the words to express my gratitude to) has given us the funding we needed to finish the album.

The pressure is off, the tracks are sounding great and i’m having the most awesome fun i’ve ever had…

I am desperate to show you guys what I have done so far. I’m sooo excited. Restraining myself is not easy but I must…I’ve decided not to let any of you hear any of the work in progress, though the vocals, harmonies and guitar are done on some of the songs, they are not yet mixed, levels not right and you can still hear some drop in’s etc etc. So you are just gonna have to wait patiently :wink:

Hi Ange and Rob:

I’m speaking for myself…
However, I believe that most of us up hear are so proud of you…

Effort-and-Hard-Work creates rewards…

How many hours do you have into the tracking?

AND,
how many hours do you think may be set aside for Post Work Time…
????

One of the Rules-of-Thumb are,
Always count on spending more money on production work than you have budgeted for…
Maybe, you can make some of it back on the Photo Sessions…
BUT, that’s just as important as the Audio Sessions…

Hugh Jazz says he wants to see them…

:laugh:
:p

He Said-So…
He ain’t been around here much…
He must be busy, or something…

Bill…

:) That was with glasses, great pix!
Quote: (woxnerw @ Oct. 27 2009, 9:57 AM)

Hi Ange and Rob:

I'm speaking for myself..
However, I believe that most of us up hear are so proud of you..

Effort-and-Hard-Work creates rewards..

How many hours do you have into the tracking?

AND,,
how many hours do you think may be set aside for Post Work Time..
????

One of the Rules-of-Thumb are,
Always count on spending more money on production work than you have budgeted for..
Maybe, you can make some of it back on the Photo Sessions..
BUT, that's just as important as the Audio Sessions..

Hugh Jazz says he wants to see them..

:laugh:
:p

He Said-So..
He ain't been around here much..
He must be busy, or something..

Bill..

aww thanks Bill, I know I have the most awesome level of support here, I really do hope I do you all proud. Funny really...The most prominent fatherly figures I have in my life are right here on the N forum.

Thanks to recent events I now have 125 hours in total for all tracking including percussion etc etc (71 hours which I have already done), then mixing starts and I have 44 hours in total for mixing, mastering is not done hourly but at a rate of
£30 a track.

We are not spending anything on photography, but Rob is good with a camera...

Rob's photography

Levi...MWAH. x

The photo quality is gonna be great… Rob has the equipment… or it looks like it from what I see… That Sommerset photo shoot folder looks pretty nice… I’m a big fan of viewing countryside images of other parts of the world…

Keep-it-going… you two…

Bill…