Behringer Mixing Console

using with N, some hissing

Trying to do some multi-track recording with a buddy of mine through a Behringer UB 1002.

IDEALLY - I want to play bass and sing, my buddy he’ll play electric guitar (what a pedal board he’s got!), I’ll feed any drum and/or synthesizer tracks from my Zoom PS-02 (that I have recorded from midi files on the internet, or my own drum machine. will explain why I do this below, see ZOOM) into the mixing console, with a headphone/line out going to computer and recording on n-track (more of a live feel this way although every instrument is going direct to the console).

Q. I get a bit of hiss…just wondering anyone’s experience with Behringer mixing consoles, if it is the console at all. Any suggestions for settings/levels on the console, or recording set ups would be much appreciated too.

ZOOM - I am using downloaded internet midi files and playing them through Virtual sound track so that I can tweak them a bit with effects (chorus, delay, etc.) then recording them from line out of computer to zoom ps-02. I would normally drag and drop them into n-track but to turn these files into wav files, I have to fool my computer and do the old “hook-line-out-to-line-in” trick while playing for example a midi drum track that will then be recorded to wav. I get less static recording to zoom ps-02 than “tricking” the computer.

cheers!

Well, you know about quality control probs with berry…you have checked the signal path to see if it is the mixer? Follow the manual instructions re: gain stages to get the best signal you can; I’m pretty sure they said something about setting the levels in it. :)

The small berry mixers seem to get very favourable reviews and I think are some of their better products. I have an 802 and it is pretty silent unless I wind the trims up beyond about 80%.

Maaszy