Best version of nTrack?

Weve got ntrack version 4.
Are we missing out not having the latest version? Or is it like when you go to the supermarket & find you rfavourite soup is “New & Improved”. so yuo buy it & wish theyd left it alone cos its no longer the one you loved, its just an attempt to stimmulate sales.
I spose a fair question for us to be asking is has it grown unneccesarily complicated?

TinaM

Since version 4 there have have been many updates, bug fixes, optimizations and new requested features. I would suggest going to the main website and go through the version update notes to see whats been added and fixed since v4. This will give you a basic idea of what to expect. In regards to your question, “has it grown unnecessarily complicated?”, I think this is simply a matter of perspective. In essence, it still operates very much the same way.

PACO

Good Question…

What’s good for some may not be so good for other users…

For me, I choose to download and install the latest builds…

That way you always have the latest Bugs and Fixes as soon as Flavio posts the latest
builds to the versions you’ve chosen to use…
BUT, you should always download-and-install the last/latest build that Flavio has posted for the version you choose to use…

BUT…
again…

the latest Version-and-build is the place to be…
In my opinion…

I don’t think there is any Software maker in the Audio Software Business that is faster than Flavio for fixing issues, if you report what you find while using his Audio Application…
That’s if you can tell him where-and-what to look for and fix…

He can’t fix what he can’t find…

Bill…

I agree with some of if not all of what is said.

I was on 2.3 for close to 7 years, and loved it, however technology changed and a lot of the hardware I used to use was no longer supported by the manufacturers.
When I updated my DAW it was also necessary to update the software I was using to reach it’s full potential.
Some of the things that changed, was going from 16bit to 24bit and NET framework, so I upgraded to version 5.1 (at the time) there are all sorts of new things I don’t know how to use, and changes I may never know since I outsource a great deal of my mixing/mastering, it’s just not my cup of tea, I enjoy playing and writing music and the technical aspect of digital recording and long hours of mixing just suck the joy out of it.
That, and I read all the DAW related issues involved in new O.S.,new hardware drivers, and NTrack over the years and kept to the moto if it ain’t broke don’t fix it which served me well :)

as a result I skipped vista and my next move will be Windows 7, and my guess is at that time I will upgrade to the latest most stable version of 6.1, to get the 64bit out of the O.S.

my 2C.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

I am on 2.3 right now, and I love it, but I want to be able to run more tracks, and the only way I can do that now is to upgrade my system, which is maxed out to the best you can get with standard single-core. Once I’m running quad-core, I might as well get version 6.1 because 2.3 won’t be able to take advantage of multi-core cpu’s…

In the past. many people have said that 3.3 was their favorite version because it concentrated on audio recording and did a good stable job with Windows machines. I did an album on version 4 but some people had real issues with stability. I liked 5 and it seemed to cure stability issues, but I believe the current version 6 is a winner. It operate efferently on my computers and handles midi very well based on my limited use of midi. It also is licensed for 16 and 24 bit and is programed to runs on Windows 7.
I don’t know if past versions are available to new customers.

Would that be a product key thing Bax?

I only dicovered n-T on it’s pre-release of V6. Even over that short time there have been many changes - all good. One thing I’ve noticed is that the author/s actually, really, no joke responds to it’s users - quite rare.
V6 is very stable. I’m sure you only have to go as deeply as you want to and I imagine Flavio is quite proud of some of the improvements he’s made since the early versions.

I would be happy to update, but I always have a or two project going on and (wimpy as I am) I just can’t take the risk of something doesn’t work after install.

I have now some early 6 version. It’s good, but it crashes every now and then. Think I should update.

BTW, I don’t have an internet connection on my recording computer (and there will be none). Was there some registration issue with that nowadays - how’s that solved?

Ok, I found it:

Quote:

I’m sorry for the hassle, but I made this change because of the widespread circulation of illecit registration codes. I’m very sorry that this impacts legitimate users, but hopefully the problem will be fixed easily.
Please send me an email to info@ntrack.com or use the support form and I’ll send you the instructions.

Flavio.

Hi varakeef:

If my reply is of any help to you as you ponder your decision, I have encountered n-Track Registrations, from time-to-time, over the years…
Flavio has helped me through these issues every time…
Most of the n-Track updates I have installed, have imported earlier projects flawlessly… When they didn’t, it was usually a result of something I didn’t adhere to, that kept the project from working within the up-dated version of n-Track… For example, moving a project from one hard drive to another…
OR… renaming tracks, or-the-like… and/or transferring projects to another computer…

As long as you have the files that you call your project, then you can always re-start your project on a new timeline…

Can I add
????
Flavio, is one of the more dedicated Audio Editor Programmers, out there, in the Audio business…
If there happens to be any issues that you encounter when using his program with your projects, that he can discover , on his setup, he’ll bend over backwards to get you up-and-running…

Just describe your issue, with your best description, that he can understand and you’ll be back in business…
There’s some pretty SHARP guys hanging around this Board, as well…

I know, you know that, varakeef…
When you update your version of n-Track, always…
Don’t save your configuration settings…
Always re-configure your new install, to your settings…

I hope this helps you in your decission, to update…

Bill…

V3.3 It’s been going down the poop chute ever since. (IMO, YMMV, Yada-yada… ramma-lamma-ding-dong)

Always with the villager tormenting…

Install all versions!!!

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 15 2010, 3:41 PM)

Install all versions!!!!

HOORAY!!

Then you would have a hard disk full of buggy, crappy, bloated non-functional code!!!

HOORAY!!

Other than that buggy, crappy, bloated, non-functional "thing"... n-Track is AWESOME!!! HOORAY!!! (Is that a TEC award I smell? Or did 'Jeremysdemo' forget to change the stanky wife beater T again?) :whistle:

Peace be upon all who worship "The n"... (even though you're all clearly nuts)

Unconed Jensen

Oh Flanders, you’re just upset because you don’t look as good in a wife beater :p

There is a reason Ntrack doesn’t work for jerks…it’s a cool factor,

you just ain’t got it bro.

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 15 2010, 7:56 PM)

There is a reason Ntrack doesn't work for jerks...it's a cool factor,

Villager tormenting is what I do best Bubbagump! Do not deny me the simple pleasures in this miserable existence.

Semper Fi…

Unconed_J

Works for me :)

Sorry looser.
:laugh:

See kids, this is what happens when you try and use a consumer grade Dell for audio!
:heart-break: lol

Friends don’t let friends drive crappy computers. :whistle:

keep shinin

I was using ver 3.3 for many years. I got a new computer using win 7 and 64 bit. I was afraid of making the leap but im happy i did, no issues so far and all is well. I love it…d

An Unconed_Jensen speaker is still an un-coned Jensen Speaker, that doesn’t work… :p
:laugh:
Even if it worked, it would still only be 6% effecent…

Like all other speakers, that works…

Plug your Dell into it and see if that helps… :p
hehe

Bill…