Billy Preston

RIP

what a massive bummer. I didn’t even know he’d been in a coma for the last few months.

He seemed to have a direct connection from his soul to the keys and drawbars on the B3. His hammond playing has touched my soul more than once.

What a fantastic musician.

Definitely sad news. First learned about Billy through his feature appearance with the Beatles on Get Back. It was cool that he managed to get some solo success in the 70s.

The Beatles were actually this far from inviting him to join the group - this is a MAJOR let down.

Don’t let me down…
Don’t let me down…
Don’t let me down…
but Let It Be.

I know the name… What condition was IT that put him in the coma and then took him? These guys are going… never to be replaced… How old was he?.. It’s guys like these that set the way of just how music is persented to the listening public…

Bill…

Kidney failure, a transplant, then that kidney failed.

He will be missed.

That’s a tough way to go… I can tell you all about kidney conditions and Stones… I’m a Machine for makeing kidney stones… Well… that’s what the Kidney guy where I go, tells me… IT’s all in the way you behave to your diet… I’m on the kidney research program, here… They like the stones I make…

A kidney condition is no jokeing matter… When you struggle with a kidney condition all you want to do is just lay down… Your physical energy leaves you… Most of the time your mind stays “Sharp”… well… other people… not me…

Bill…

nothing from nothin leaves nothin…

I have this image of this huge head of hair bobbing forward while his head bobbed backwards and visa versa rhythmicly to the music.

Billy was tre’ cool…