blackberry playbook

N-Track for Playbook

Any chance that the version of N-Track for Ipad can be converted to operate on a Blackberry Playbook?
It’s just a much better tablet in MHO.
It has a better operating system, and is a true multi-tasking environment, unlike the other tablets.

regards,

what is the OS?

they do have plans to port to Android.

dontcare :cool:

I would love to see this happen, too but it likely isn’t worth Flavio’s time considering the limited market penetration of the playbook. The playbook’s OS is proprietary and I don’t think there are any plans for cross-platforming with the Android.

personally I think they are going about all wrong for cross platform success (although I believe parsing to MAC OS was a step in the right direction)

For instance, the Facebook app does not contain the entire facebook program parsed to different OS’s.
Instead these apps are just markers that point and frame the data on their webpage to the individual devices and OS, allowing interaction.

IT would take them a whole lot less time to simply put an online version of Ntrack for registered users somewhere like this:

Soundstation

then just make an “app” for various OS devices that connects to this page. :agree:

The OS systems being used already have the framework in them to interact with the internet (java, NET., adobe, etc etc).

jerm :cool:

Well, this stuff is all seriously beyond my ken. All I know is that the playbook (a genuinely fine piece of hardware) suffers from a lack of app development. There must be a reason for that.

it may be the licensing agreement$ they ask developers to sign.

do regular web pages run on them without an app?

Playbook comes with its own browser built in - I have noticed that some webpages detect that I am using a “non-standard” browser and suggest “upgrading” but I haven’t had any particular issues with web pages displaying incorrectly or malfunctioning.

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 14 2012, 9:34 PM)

it may be the licensing agreement$ they ask developers to sign.

do regular web pages run on them without an app?

the browser app included on the playbook is fine. I'm responding now With the playbook.
What I really like about the playbook is that it will truly multi-task.

Did you go to that address and try to run Soundstation?

Jeremy,

I finally got around to trying it - not really sure what I was expecting it to do but it just hangs at 60% so no joy.

This isn’t a big deal or anything (nTrack on the Playbook, I mean) just a case of me wanting everything whether I need it or not.

It’s a personality defect.

Thank you for trying it, we at least know not all web sites that work in Windows open up on the blackberry., if memory serves me correct that app is Adobe flash based and uses the ActiveX plugins inside Mozilla or another browser to operate, works with Chrome too.

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 29 2012, 11:11 PM)

Did you go to that address and try to run Soundstation?

dontcare
:cool:

I just did... looks very interesting. Going to try it on the PB.
Sorry for slow response, I have been totally preoccupied off line.

RIM upgraded to operating system 2 - supports Android apps to some degree.
So I’ll try it and report back.

RIM upgraded to OS 2.0 with support for Android apps etc. Will try it and report back

loads up just fine. I’ll join the site and see what happens. Thanks for the link.

Cool that is great news!

this is the best method for developing music apps crossplatform for various portables to date.

I wish ole’ flav would offer an online version of N for his patrons that don’t own and don’t plan to own ipods
:agree:

for a small fee of course :)

I sent an email to Bill to let him know.