Blade Encoder Not Recognized

mp3 App.

Hey, folks. I downloaded the Blade Enc mp3 thingy, and n-Track isn’t recognizing it. How have you guys gone about enabling this worthy application?

Hey- do I need to put the un-zipped thing into the n-Track folder first?

Thanks…

on my system i have the bladeenc.exe in the BladeEnc folder within Ntrack.

I’ll check that on mine. Thanks, g8.

Sloom,

You are only concerned with the .dll file. If it is zipped, unzip it and drag the .dll to the bladeenc folder in ntrack then reboot.

HTH

Don

You know, it’s often the most obvious things that I miss. I had assigned the Blade Encoder app. to a sub-folder in the Bladeenc folder. Once I moved it out to the actual Bladeenc folder, everything was fine.

It was like giving your cat an unopened can of PussN’Boots. :D

Thanks for the help, guys!

glad you got bladeenc going. i’ve found that sometimes with computers its " genius to numbskull and back to genius" every ten seconds or so.
for what its worth, i think it was on this forum that i read it is better to use another program besides n-track for converting to mp3 because of a loss of quality. i don’t know if that is really true because i don’t use mp3 very often. but, as recommended, i did download dbpower amp just in case.

www.dbpoweramp.com

its not free anymore, but i think i also saw a link posted here that would take you to the older version which was free. you might have to look around if you really want to convert to mp3. there is a topic of that title also on this forum, just search “mp3”.

cliff :cool:

Thanks for the link-up, Cliff. And indeed, I regularly experience moments of profound… simplicity.

I’ve done a little mp3-ing with the Bladeenc, seems ok- but admittedly my ears aren’t tuned in to it yet. In my lo-fi world, lossy is lossy! I think.

I will likely become annoyed with lower quality at some point. So the search is on!

Sloom,

A freebie file converter is Cheetah (Google) it also allows for batch conversions between many file formats with drag-n-drop convenience.

Thanks to Bill aka woxnerw for the heads-up on that proggy.

HTH

Don ???

The BladeEnc codec is an old codec as I understand it and the general consensus is that the Lame codec is a better one.

dbpoweramp will allow you to use the Lame codec (as will other mp3 encoders).

I generally find it better to convert to mp3 separately anyway as after the mixdown you will often want to trim silence off the begining and end of the song before encoding to mp3.

Rich

Quote (RichLum @ Nov. 14 2005,17:29)
The BladeEnc codec is an old codec as I understand it and the general consensus is that the Lame codec is a better one.

dbpoweramp will allow you to use the Lame codec (as will other mp3 encoders).

I generally find it better to convert to mp3 separately anyway as after the mixdown you will often want to trim silence off the begining and end of the song before encoding to mp3.

Rich

So- edit before conversion. Sensible, I suppose. I'll go look at those items, thanks for the recommendations. And Free is good! 'Till I find the one to use, I guess.

While we're at this, and I just posted a Q in the Music section: What is the procedure for posting an mp3 on this site, assuming you're encoded and ready to post?

Hi All, on this Thread:
Thanks for the kind words Don… That cheeta utility is a great program… It works like a charm… The link, came from you, I think…

However, each of us has and use certain utilities that work for us cause I think it’s not what you use… it’s what you get used to useing…

There are some I seem to gravitate to, before I use other editors…

One I find that is useful around here is…

http://www.polderbits.com/

Now, it’s not a Free one… but I get a lot of use from around here, at times… The latest version works with mp3 files… It was origionally for use with 16 bit .wav files, but I’d like to prod him into expanding into 24 bit .wav applications… However, Rudy doesn’t think he’s going there, at least for the forseeable future… Well…

You can post your music on some of the free hosts that are out there and then put a link to your site on this forum in the music section. You can register for a free account which will give you about 20 megs of free space here: Motagator

bring it on…love listening to the untarnished, unjaded creativity…

cliff :cool:

Surely comin’ at ye. It’s just something I must do.

The motagator site is operated by a forum member who goes by “pasher”. A lot of gratitude goes his direction.
:)
cliff

Quote (g8torcliff @ Nov. 16 2005,08:31)
The motagator site is operated by a forum member who goes by "pasher". A lot of gratitude goes his direction.
:)
cliff

I actually did put a tune on Soundclick.com a while back, at the heads-up of someone on bassnutz.com. The reason I've inquired further is because I was assuming that n-Track's website had an upload facility! So I went about asking after how everyone here posts their mp3's.

Anyway, the Soundclick thing seems allright. I'm not hip to all the advantages or attributes of various codecs, or what are more worthy features of these sites, so I'm basically all ears to what folks know about this. So now that I know I need an upload site, until I find info that becomes an impact on my musical life, I guess I'll stick where I am, and post something!

Thanks for all the help and all your guys' time. Don't count it wasted! This little project of mine must come to something, and knowledge is a kind of "power".

I don’t know much about SoundClicks but Motagator has a STORE feature where you can sell your CDs and use your PayPal account thus avoiding credit card and payment hassles.

Your Motagator account can be Public or Private in case you just want to use it for collab exchanges. People can still stream and download from Private sites but it just won’t list you (your band) as the Public accounts do.

A negative thing about Motagator (if you can call it negative) is…you can’t direct-link to a particular song. You have to direct visitors to your site and they have to scroll through your song list to find a particular tune.

Pasher, the owner, is a fellow n-Tracker and I thank him again for all he has done for me/us. Thanks Pash!

HTH

Don :D

PS: Deep-linking is available at Motagator but not with the free account. Still a real bargain though.

One “problem” with Soundclick and a lot of other sites is that is someone wants to download your song they need to register first.

A lot of people (including myself) object to having to register to listen to someone elses music. If you can put in bogus details fair enough, but if you have to put in a valid email address to activate etc. then I usually won’t bother registering and I unfortunately won’t hear the tunes unless there is another site to download them from…

You may be causing less agro for people if you host your music on a site that doesn’t require them to register in order to listen.

Motogator doesn’t require listeners to register
Neither does mp3.com.au

Rich

Good point. When I get a ‘window’ to do it (time is an element- sorry about the pun), I’ll probably go this way. I am not into hassle- I think there’s far too much unnecessary hassle for too many simple things. Like digging some fun music!

So I’ll spare you guys my upload until I get the hassle-free link going on! I am into posting it, so I’ll try and get to it asap.

Thanks for the note.