born to snooze - Death by Guitar

dug this out today it was probably the first thing we recorded with ntrack & as we were used to a 4 track tape deck we recorded it the same way using hardly any tracks & doing evrything in one take
sarah had M.E. at the time & was very ill & was spending most days in bed so allison wrote this lyric about her to make her laugh & cheer her up
the alarm clock was actually a kitchen egg timer & i still wish alli hadnt sung dickhead in verse2

…its still fun to listen to

http://www.adrive.com/public…f8.html

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 07 2011, 7:54 AM)

dug this out today it was probably the first thing we recorded with ntrack & as we were used to a 4 track tape deck we recorded it the same way using hardly any tracks & doing evrything in one take
sarah had M.E. at the time & was very ill & was spending most days in bed so allison wrote this lyric about her to make her laugh & cheer her up
the alarm clock was actually a kitchen egg timer & i still wish alli hadnt sung dickhead in verse2

...its still fun to listen to

http://www.adrive.com/public....f8.html

I like it.... :-)

Those 4-track days sure made things easier.

Nice playing btw.

Tina! You didn’t need to defend this track, at all. I could listen to that shnit all day.

That is great. The vocal has a really nice quality to it. I had to listen twice to hear the offensive word. Fits just fine, if you ask me. In the sense that it doesn’t fit at all. :)

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 06 2011, 5:11 PM)

That is great. The vocal has a really nice quality to it.

yes i totaly agree i wish we could record vocals like that now... we had a little mic i think it was a foster or something but the lead broke off & we started using these shure mics we were given.
Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 06 2011, 3:41 PM)

Tina! You didn't need to defend this track, at all. I could listen to that shnit all day.

i just like to give a bit of history tony... i like a song to have a bit of a story behind it

i looked up shnit in the urban dictionary & it means funky freaky & full of style... i sudenly feel very youthful!!

You still have the mic? Easy fix.

sure weve still got it somewher but i dont think you can get inside it
i seem to remember it was being used originaly for micing up a acoustic guitar & we sort of inherited it when that band split

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 07 2011, 12:27 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 06 2011, 5:11 PM)

That is great. The vocal has a really nice quality to it.

yes
i totaly agree i wish we could record vocals like that now... we had a little mic i think it was a foster or something but the lead broke off & we started using these shure mics
we were given.

Fostex?

That's the weird thing about mics.... especially on voice.... you can have a really nice high end mic and it sounds rubbish, and then a cheapo mic sounds great.

You Can break into that mic’. A Stanley blade down the seam. You any good with a soldering iron?

Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 06 2011, 5:42 PM)

Fostex?

That's the weird thing about mics.... especially on voice.... you can have a really nice high end mic and it sounds rubbish, and then a cheapo mic sounds great.

just found it it defitely says foster on it
foster df-1x 50k dynamic mic japan its a little black thing 3 & a bit inches long
Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 07 2011, 12:50 PM)

Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 06 2011, 5:42 PM)

Fostex?

just found it it defitely says foster on it
foster df-1x 50k dynamic mic japan its a little black thing 3 & a bit inches long

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE....8782082

Yours should be an easy fix for someone with a soldering iron and a bit of brain.
Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 06 2011, 5:49 PM)

You Can break into that mic'. A Stanley blade down the seam. You any good with a soldering iron?

theres no seam?
the top rotates like most mics... can you pull it off without damaging the insides?
my old man could probly solder it
Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 06 2011, 5:54 PM)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE....8782082

Yours should be an easy fix for someone with a soldering iron and a bit of brain.

thats it & ive got the little stand aswell
it is a cheap mic isnt it

ive got the soldering iron but i dont know about the brain
:) :laugh: I like sniffin the rosin core of the solder when you solder.. Good stuff.. AND the lead vapor goes right into the nervous system, as well..

Bill..

Bill love the smell of Flux in the mornin’.
:laugh:

fun track!

Hey, nice one. That guitar at 1:39 is pure genius, btw!

Nice and raw sound, like the way the harsh guitar is countered by the smooth vocal. Very nice vox and cool rythmn. Geoff is right about the guitar at 1.39, really great :agree: