Build 1795...a personal thanks to Flavio

C’mon…thank the Italion stalion!

Works like a charm and I for one am very happy about this new fractional CPU processing. Thanks for the new build, extremely helpful. My bitching is finally over. :D

…and I meant Italian. bah.

I like all the new v 4.x functionality, but I still wait for it to become more stable… - Actually I bought it when it came out, but I still use v. 3.3. As far as I can see, not fot long yet… - Thanks, Flavio!

:D :D :D

regards, Nils

I have to second that thanks to Flavio! In my opion this past month Flavio has made this one very great program to use. For about two weeks I’ve been using build 1791 and find it as stable and more userfriendly then v3.0.3!
I did turn my comp into a DAW, but the upgrades in new builds have addressed all the obvious issues, 1791 didn’t crash once in two weeks. No hangups and rock solid! So I’m sure 1795 is even better!

The new way of measuring CPU is intresting and another tool to help us keep production moving along! Thanks Flavio Im downloading it now!

Tom

I second that!!! :;):

Woops, 20 seconds into a song with 6 tracks loaded, caused a freeze with build 1795 so i went back to build 1791 which again prooved to be rock solid!

95 seemed solid at first while recording 8 tracks at once and quickly copying and pasting sections to other tracks, testing its responce. It all seemed very good, but when I loaded a newly recorded song from build 1791, I had a cpu surge less than 20 seconds into the song of only 6 tracks. I’m using 1 gig of ram so I’ll stick with build 91 for now.
I find build 1791 really very strong! I’ll try 95 agin as soon as I get a little extra free time. I had the freeze happen three consecutive times, reinstalled 1791 and had no problems.
But I truely mean Thank you Flavio 1791 is awsome!
CPU usage on this same song in version 1791 didn’t rise above 25%
While CPU usage in v 1795 surged prematurly to 100% in less than 20 seconds.

No probs with either 1791 or 1795 here, Tom.

I love that i can use the Up and Down arrow keys to control all mixer and FaSoft plugin functions! Anything to get away from using the mouse… :cool: And great service too. Flav responded literally within a day to my request for the change.

I also just noticed that he added Ctrl-Click to reset vol, pan, and EQ settings to zero. Not sure when that got added, but it’s very handy.

Nice work, Flav!

teej

Quote (teej813 @ Mar. 16 2005,03:12)
No probs with either 1791 or 1795 here, Tom.
Nice work, Flav!

teej

Hi TeeJ
You know I didn't have time to experiment with freezing tracks but I know I acidentally clicked on somthing and a freeze was initiated, but I quickly canceled that action. That happened twice last week in the same song that caused the CPU surge in v1795!
After unintalling v1795 tonight, I used registry mecanic to scan my regrestry to see if there was any ntrack issues. It wanted to delet two HKEY ntrack lines, there where two frozen ntrack mixdowns. (clearification) I'll mixdown parts to create a track, so I'm sure it was a track issue not an actual song mixdown.
I'll experiment this weekend, I'm sure v95 is probably great!

I reinstalled v1795 to see if removing those HKEY lines also removed the problem. I’m not getting the CPU surges now! I’ll stick with v1795 and consider the above, my errors, not v1795’s problem. :D

I would think that if you uninstalled n-Track, that it should clean the registry of all relevant entries so that you wouldn’t have to do that…

Anyone?

Updating V4 automatically uninstalls the previous version of V4 if it exists.

I’ve got into the habit of running CCleaner (a handy freeware tool) after every uninstall. It often turns up registry keys and links that are not removed by the usual uninstall process. During my recent Audiophile USB troubles I uninstalled n-Track 3.3 and there were certainly registry entries remaining. I also check the file directories, sometimes there are folders left.

Cheers
Steve T.

Glad to hear you got it worked out, Tom. Personally, i’d rather discover i did something wrong than have it be a problem with a program i’m running. A registry cleaner is a handy tool to keep… uhh… handy. :D

I’m with Tuster on this, Phoo. I bet there are more programs that leave traces behind than there are programs that remove absolutely every track of themselves. It doesn’t surprise me that a registry cleaner found remants of 3.3.

CCleaner? Hmmmm… I’ll hafta look into it. I’ve always used M$'s RegClean.

teej

EDIT:
Hey, i like this CCleaner. Definately a keeper!

Agreed teej. Simply uninstalling isn’t always enough.

The only time I’ve had problems was when going from V3 to V4. There are some entries that point to the bitmaps for the toolbars. And there were a few issues with the paid for compressor and EQ, but I don’t know for sure those were regisry related, but chances are they were.

Search the registry for “fasoft” and “ntrack” after uninstalling just to see what’s there.

hey, Phoo.

It’s absolutely COOL that Flav included the FaSoft plugs with V4. I swear, 90% of the install/instability hassles i had with N were plugin (specifically plugin registration) related. I’m loving V4.

teej

Quote (nergle @ Mar. 16 2005,17:34)
Works like a charm and I for one am very happy about this new fractional CPU processing. Thanks for the new build, extremely helpful. My bitching is finally over.

...and I meant Italian. bah.

And you probably meant stallion too Silver! :p

:)

So, is it time to upgrade to 4 yet?

I'm still happy with 3.3, but........... ?

Ali
And you said he was more literate! tee hee

Anyway, flavio is a software Saint, his thanks is in heaven.

jerm
Quote (jeremysdemo @ Mar. 16 2005,21:25)
Works like a charm and I for one am very happy about this new fractional CPU processing. Thanks for the new build, extremely helpful. My bitching is finally over.

Ali

And you said he was more literate! tee hee

Anyway, flavio is a software Saint, his thanks is in heaven.

jerm

hmm...I feel so small now. :O

Ali
Hi Ali,
You know I could have kicked my tower and moniter over and build 1791 would have still been recording or playing one of my songs!
Build 1795 was still strong earlier today, but I haven't tried build 1796 yet. If you know how to, or have a register cleaner, go for it. The first sign of a repeatable error clean your reg and you'll be fine, you won't be sorry. You might not need the cleaner, many don't. But yes 4.0.4. b,1791 and 95 are as stable as 3.0.3., with out a doubt.
Tom