Build 2431

Holding strong

Looks like 2431 is the build for 09 so far. Trouble free?

For me, it’s been a nightmare, unfortunately. For the first time ever, I’ve actually started seriously considering throwing in the towel and buying Pro Tools.

Quote: (Fuggle_Hop @ Jan. 17 2009, 2:31 PM)

For me, it's been a nightmare, unfortunately. For the first time ever, I've actually started seriously considering throwing in the towel and buying Pro Tools.

Darn whats been the problem for you so far?

I was using 2425 last night and I’ve never had such a difficult time editing and working with nTrack.
Maybe I have new control techniques to lean but it wasn’t easy. Couldn’t do a cut, roll back on parts. And in some cases couldn’t highlight a part to remove. Not good.

The trick maybe that 2431 is that much better - I know we Flavio is holding at that number becasue it seems to work for most people with the features hs has added to this point. As far as I know, the next issue will be a “new feature” update. You might give 2431 a try and see if that helps.
Bax

beta ver 6.0.3 should be hitting the website any day now according to my math.

Quote: (bax3 @ Jan. 18 2009, 11:24 AM)

The trick maybe that 2431 is that much better - I know we Flavio is holding at that number becasue it seems to work for most people with the features hs has added to this point.
As far as I know, the next issue will be a "new feature" update.
You might give 2431 a try and see if that helps.
Bax

Right Bax!
Thx Punky! Hey I've got good news.
I had about 8 tracks that I was working on and was having trouble with traks
6,7 & 8.
The where corrupt.
After deleting those tracks it was business as usual for nTrack and me.
Wow I thought n went off the deep end and I'm very happy to see that it's ok.
How did they get corrupt?
That proggy of Punky Willis's?
naaaa!
MayB Punky is to darn trusting and picks up stuff like that.
That's a possibility.

I know that the people at Real Band wanted me to unhook my security to download their prod.
Ha!
No one else asks for that!
Anyway it's all cool again!
Lovin N!

my machine is squeekie clean Levi, as is my server. Sometimes looping or cloning can be a little much for n if that was it? were they cloned and looped files from my original?
I tried the demo of BandInABox for a month before I bought it, with no problem at all.

I’m back to getting screwed.
The song wont play.
I have about 8 tracks in there and when I hit play it just sits there.
It will sit there not moving or playing untill I get tired of waiting.
What causes that?

I tried a mixdown, nothing.
I’ve tried recording. I do get new recorded clips but the time line is showing no movement.
Then when I try to play it back it’s not moving.

The machine was working perfectly last month when doing “Oh My Baby”.
Left it and went on the road.
Just opened it and loaded this Punky drum track and now it’s acting like I just described.
Levibaby

You don’t suppose it’s the blues gods?
Pissed that I’m using a rock drummer? :laugh: Or should I say a “rocky mountain high drummer”?

Hi, Levi–

I was having terrible problems with stability. The application would cause my computer to lock up frequently…the only problematic application on my computer.

I put in many hours trying to sort the problem, even bought some new hardware to swap in.

I’m not going to say the problem’s solved now, because that’d be jinxing it and I’ve been getting too many migraines during the past few months to risk any further jinxing, but I’ve done a major amount of registry editing, then more registry editing to allow for a successful upgrade to XP SP3…and after everything else I’ve done, that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

NTrack was the first audio workstation software I used, going back about ten years ago, and I really like it…I think Flavio’s done a lot of terrific work and has created an excellent program, and I want to keep using it, but if it won’t run correctly on my PC, then I can’t use it. I’ve had training with other applications, and have come to really like Protools for its editing facilities…so, of course, I was leaning toward buying Protools LE. Fortunately, (KNOCK ON WOOD), I seem to have stabalised NTrack finally, and so, I’m happy to continue using it.

It would be nice not to have to use “The Industry Standard”, mostly because that’s such a loathsome and cliched phrase.

F

It’s not been touted as the “industry standard” for nothing. PT in my opinion is a nice BIG program. First project I did in it was too much of a learning curve though. I’m glad you have n-Track settled in. Fof some of us it’s just the only way to go. Hard for some to not be loyal to an old friend of sorts.

When you get some tunes done we’d love to hear 'em.

Quote: (Fuggle_Hop @ Jan. 22 2009, 4:29 AM)

Hi, Levi--

I was having terrible problems with stability. The application would cause my computer to lock up frequently...the only problematic application on my computer.

I put in _many_ hours trying to sort the problem, even bought some new hardware to swap in.

I'm not going to say the problem's solved now, because that'd be jinxing it and I've been getting too many migraines during the past few months to risk any further jinxing, but I've done a major amount of registry editing, then more registry editing to allow for a successful upgrade to XP SP3...and after everything else I've done, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

NTrack was the first audio workstation software I used, going back about ten years ago, and I really like it...I think Flavio's done a lot of terrific work and has created an excellent program, and I want to keep using it, but if it won't run correctly on my PC, then I can't use it. I've had training with other applications, and have come to really like Protools for its editing facilities...so, of course, I was leaning toward buying Protools LE. Fortunately, (KNOCK ON WOOD), I seem to have stabalised NTrack finally, and so, I'm happy to continue using it.

It would be nice not to have to use "The Industry Standard", mostly because that's such a loathsome and cliched phrase.

F

Sorry about your troubles and migrains, mercy! Hey, after using it a little more I'm also seeing some unusual hangups happening.
Will have to try the newer builds. Frug, don't dispar thats what happens sometimes when using betas.
Good post!
Levi