Commands

Commands for bat file

Hi, I’m new to ntrack.

Are there any commands I can use in a bat file to auto start opening and recording in ntrack?

I need to set up a 4 track set up to record automatically each week to record for an hour.

Regards

Peter

It’s been far too long since I did any programming. However, you should be able to construct something to start ntrack. The Robles then is how to have the program start recording four tracks. Sound forge has a feature to start timed recording, there may be others. I think you would have to have the program open and the tracks armed, then you need an alarm clock to press the record/start button. I don’t know anything to do that… One more time I miss the analog world.
Bax

I can think of several ways to implement this protocol from bat files,

it’s going to depend on your O.S. and how it deals with bat files and Windows hotkeys and macros.

basically you need to set up the bat file to implement a series of hotkeys and/or macros at a specific time of the day on a certain day of the week, and exe Ntrack.

I would leave a little time before the time you want to start recording to allow Ntrack to load (it is not instantaneous!)

I would start an ntrack file put 4 armed audio tracks in it, then save that file under my own file name to the desktop, rather than putting Ntrack.exe into the batch file, which would start a blank Ntrack run from the program menu, I would use the newly created file name in the desktop directory. (along with the “record” keystroke)

of course a second batch file would be needed to send the keystroke for “stop” at the end of one hour and anything else need if you wanted to close the program and save the recording.

You may end up having to use Bomes or some other Midi to keystroke translator to access Ntracks more complex functions, be aware that one of Ntracks main commands uses the “space” bar for PLAY, that does not work out well with macros, to work around that I ended up using midi commands for remote control instead.

in the FAQ section 4.3 has the keyboard shortcuts, you got to scroll
down!

way down to find it! :laugh:

dontcare :cool: