Count von Count

dude - record something… you are seriously slackin’

Yeah, waiting for my young singer lady to turn up this morning.
I have the morning booked out for her but her timing is usually somewhat flexible.
I don’t want to get into anything else.

I part way through writing our new Grade III programme which I’m supposed to have finished (nearly there) but it does get a bit tedious cutting and pasting chords and stuff.

Anyway, I thought this would be a fun game.
Seems I was wrong.
:disagree:

Think I’ll play by myself.

Ahh, I hear the dog-bell. Someone at the door :slight_smile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm dead, Mark.

hmmmm just as i was feeling better about the midi thing you start this… is this this a male thing or a high iq thing or a plain silly thing that im too clever to understand?

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 26 2011, 3:43 PM)

hmmmm just as i was feeling better about the midi thing you
start this... is this this a male thing or a high iq thing or a plain silly thing that im too clever to understand?

I have no qualifications in these areas.

What d'you need to know about midi to get you started?
Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 26 2011, 3:43 PM)

start this... is this this a male thing or a high iq thing or a plain silly thing that im too clever to understand?

Yes... No... Yes...

:laugh:

UJ
Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 27 2011, 10:43 AM)

We'll get you going on the midi thing. Just ask and we'll help. It's not as hard as it seems.

As for this thread I was just feeling silly. I thought it would be fun to see if people would find internet pictures for numbers and count up. Oh well. Got that wrong. :disagree:

I'm off to stare at the World Clock in pictures thing instead.

http://sueczech.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/number-4-shaped-pinata.jpg

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 27 2011, 1:02 PM)

Nice number 4 :agree: (use the "Image" button and it'll appear in post btw).

Now we're cooking.

mark ignore me i didnt want to spoil your thread
i just couldnt understand what the game was

as for MIDI i dont know what it stands for…
probly Male Indeciphrable something or other & im quite happy to leave it like that
ive got a hundred potions creams & gagdets in my dressing table you guys wouldnt have a clue about

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 27 2011, 1:13 PM)

ive got a hundred potions creams & gagdets in my dressing table you guys wouldnt have a clue about

I'm sure you're right.

Just 'cos someone doesn't know something doesn't make them stupid.

Anyway, midi is an acronym - it stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface.

The easiest way to think of it is like those old-time piano rolls. You know? The paper rolls with the punched holes? A special piano would "read" the holes and play the music.

Well Midi is the digital version of the paper with the holes it. The paper doesn't make the sound but it gives the instructions to the piano of what to play. Midi is just the instructions - and they get sent to either a software instrument or a physical hardware instrument (like a keyboard or drum machine) to make the noise.

Sorry Mark - ok I’ll play.

After One is