Crafter SA.

Anyone?

I know I said elsewhere that I can’t buy any new toys at the moment but I have been having GAS over the Crafter SA-xxxx guitars.

http://www.crafterguitars.com/gallery_acoustic/sa_series_main_.php

I rather like the TMVS.

I play a lot in church and lead worship on acoustic (I’ve got a korean Ovation). Being an electric player for most of my life I always try to setup my acoustics to play like an electric but it’s always a compromise. These Crafters look like they might be the ideal guitar.

My son has a cheap Crafter acoustic and it’s really nice.

Any one got any comments or exprience on these?

Mark
(ps: sorry I’ve not been around much lately)

Hi Mark A:

That’s a beautiful looking guitar…
I can picture you wearing that guitar from way over here…
What kind of money are they talking about?

Not being a guitar player, but…
I can think if the string gauge is too light it might have a CHANG Flavor to it, instead of an Acoustic Voice…
What gauge of strings would be on the display model hanging on display in the music shop ????

Poppa Willis is the Gibson Man around these parts…
He might have a comment-or-two on this subject matter…
However, he may be a bit biased in what he might say…

Bill…

Hi Bill,

These go for around
£300 here in the UK (new). That would be around $600US but I suspect like most musical related things it comes in more like $450US stateside.

As for strings, I use 11’s on my acoustic guitar. I used to use 10’s (ex-electric player!). I don’t know what the Crafters come fitted with yet; I’d probably try 10’s at first and move up to 11’s if I had to.

Mark

There’s only one way to buy a guitar - play one - then another, and another.
If you know what you can do as far as improving set up etc. buy what you can.
One play is worth a thousand pictures.

Ahhh, found this link:

http://www.crafterguitars.com/gallery_acoustic/sa_tmvs.php

Which says the factory fit 11-49 strings

PW: Completely agree with you. There are now Crafter dealers anywhere here near and over here shop prices are usually about 30% more than internet prices. I figure if I buy second hand (ebay) if I don’t like the guitar I’ll probably get back what I paid for it.

It would be so nice to be a multi-talented instrument player…
If I were… I’d like to be trying any creativity I have left on being a Keys Player…
and then a Dulcimer, and then some Mandolin, and maybe some Fiddle and Harp, and all… I’d leave the Drumming to phoo, or that kind of guy…

Guitar ????
I’d try to pattern myself after Brent Mason, and that kind of flavour/style…

Mark…
What ever became of that young fellow that worked with you a few years back… ????

He posted up here a few times… I forget his Nickname/Handle…

Bill

His name was Antony. I think he probably posted under that name or a derivative of it. His website is here: http://www.qilara.co.uk/ but by the look of it he’s not doing much.

We still stay in touch - but he’s since changed jobs (we used to work together) and he’s got a young family now so that’s keeping him busy as you can imagine.

Ant was one of the pairs of trusted-ears I used when we worked on the cd project mentioned in one of the other threads.

Yea… That was him… He is quite the guitar player…

Bill…