crash on save

I have been using n-track since the beginning. Version 6 has been stable for me, but I haven’t been able to get it to work past I believe 6.05. But 6.05 has been great, untill yesterday. I have one wave file and 4 midi tracks no effects. 1 midi is going to vst steinway piano, the other 2 go to sampletank LE. N will play fine but when I click on save it will crash. Report dump has problem and must close. Event viewer shows a problem with vscr90.dll. I guess I will uninstall N and try a reinstall today. Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Larrye

Hi Larrye:

Lets hope Flavio sees the .dmp file and can fix the issue you have…
If he can repeat it (the issue)…
on his setup, you’ll have a build or a FIX to install on your setup…

Bill…

Bill,
Music computer is not on the internet. Version 6.05 worked perfectly until now! I think sampletank dll file is corupt. It does not seem to crash on save when sampletank vst in not loaded. Still have to exp more to see. Can a dll just get corupted????????
Thanks,
Larrye

I hate it when that shnot happens! Why not re-install everything? You got all your reg’ codes?

tony,
I reinstalled N, didn’t help. Sampletank can be a real pain, if I lose the registration. I hate those people. Can’t remember, but I guess I just delete the dll file and then reinstall, hope the reg is still there though. I am not positive the issue is sample tank though.
Larrye

Could be reg error, you might be able to do system restore to fix it, provided you haven’t installed much or done any changes recently. Give it a try.

PACO

Paco,
That is an idea I had not thought of. I have a restore point of from a month ago, I titled “working well”. I have never done a restore before, can it create more problems than than if solves?

Thanks,
Larrye

If you have not added any hardware, you should be ok for a rollback. I am not sure if new software can cause an issue or not, I think it is just suppose to go back to the way the registry was set up at the time of the system restore point was set. Just don’t be surprised if the restore will not work - I have found that if I really need a system restore, the Windows says it can’t do the restore.
Us should be able to delete the dll from the subdirectory where it is located and reinstall it - some plug in also place information in the registry ( I think mostly to make sure you have a the license, but who really knows . . .)
If you have the registration codes I think I would try uninstalling and reinstall the plug in first before I tried anything else.

Quote: (Larrye @ May 15 2010, 2:03 PM)

Paco,
That is an idea I had not thought of. I have a restore point of from a month ago, I titled "working well". I have never done a restore before, can it create more problems than than if solves?

Thanks,
Larrye

Restore works well when you havn't done much in the way of installing/deleting apps. You should try to go back only far enough to the point you know it was working as expected. System updates can be trouble but when you go to windows update it will just re install them in most cases. I've seen the restore fail because of a windows update and nothing else so it hit and miss. Good luck.

PACO