crashes - dumps - & other off topic 'stuff'

cry the blues here

Quote:

I'm being Nosey here..
How did you discover that by un-plugging your Audio Hardware that it was the workaround for your saetup?

The TASCAM support rep told me that was the current bug fix for Vista. After he suggested I buy a powered USB hub... His name is Bobby he has a lovely family in South Florida - likes Jack and Coke and long walks on the beach. A guy like me gets to know these things.
:angry: I'm usually a pit bull when it comes to customer service issues. They (Tascam) released the Vista drivers for my US122 the day my old system finally crashed - I rode it hard for 5 years and (may she rest in peace) still have her hard drive attached via USB so I never lost a file.

All my Vista dmp's had no problem getting to Microsoft but as I noted all other software dmp's seem to progress to about 50% then Vista closes. (They are all Vista dmp's but you know what I mean) It's actually not a problem now - I have scoured and cleaned up so much on this new pooter - it's running finer'n frog hair now. Haven't heard a fart out of N since February and I've been doing a sound track a week on this thing with 15 to 20 tracks per tune.

As you Board Members are aware…
I tend to spread my thoughts-and-ideas all over the topics-and-threads up here…
Sorry Gents…
But that’s just me…
I’m working on behaving better…
in this regard…
We’ll see…

Thanks for opening a new thread regarding the issue you had with your audio card’s drivers…

Bill…