Curley Jane

Cover tunes

Just my daughter and myself having fun in 2004. If ya get bored give a listen. 14 tunes in all.

Curley Jane

My favs = Brass in Pocket + Losing My Religion + never mind, I like 'em all!

Cool - a Chrissie Hynde fan!

Very cool.
Especially liked “You For A While”.
I never heard of it, had to look it up.
What are you playing for slide, regular tuned acoustic guitar?
And great vocal. (Also cool intro on Evermore.)

Hopefully your daughter has continued on?

Also liked “Let me touch you for a while” and “Losing my religion”, especially liked “Rhiannon”, Stevie Nicks is an old fave’ of mine and your daughter did an excellent job. :agree: :agree:

Thanks fella’s fer listening.

Pretty much a huge Pretenders fan in this household for years. We had a ball doing these tunes.

The slide guitar on Let Me Touch You, is a square neck resonator guitar, or if yer country, a dobro.
My daughter didn’t continue on playing music, she became a registered nurse and baby factory. She’s to busy now raising 3 kids.
But it was a hoot to get to do something with her. Anytime ya get to play or record with your kid or grandkid, it’s a great feeling inside.

‘rhiannon’ was always my favorite song from one of my favorite bands.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ May 17 2009, 9:31 AM)

'rhiannon' was always my favorite song from one of my favorite bands.

Second that emotion JDet. Everything about that song is great! Great band...too easily scoffed at! Fantastic rythmn section and Buckingham is a mean guitar player.

I’m listening as I post this reply…

This stuff is well arranged and recorded…

There’s plenty of work gone into these tracks…

I’m thinking that this stuff was done before you were around here?
OR, does this stuff have any n-Track in it. ????

Bill…

Hey Bill,

Done in 2004, all nTrack version 4, all nTrack plugs used also. Drums was a Alesis HR16 machine, all keyboards were done with a Radio Shack Keyboard, manually played no midi. Some parts were recorded thru the mixer with an Alesis Midiverb unit, effects were on the original tracks, used some reverb and delays live when recorded.

At the time of doing this I wasn’t into VST’s or VSTi’s, didn’t really know how to use them, LOL.

Just now getting around to listening, so I can’t name favorites as of yet, but both you and your daughter have done a remarkable job. This will be a prized possession of your grandkids one of these days. I just wish SoundClick would let me hear them at the same quality when selecting all of them as it does when selecting one at a time.

Yaz:

This is great…
I’ve been playing this sense I posted the first reply…
I have an HR 16 drummer… and I have the 8-Track sequencer (the Mate) to the Drummer.
as part of the old Studio Hardware…
the was in Leonard’s and I Setup/Room…
I hope to incorporate that stuff into this new room, maybe…
we’ll have to see…
Those samples that were in that HR-16 Drummer were great…
I thought so…
The only thing is they appear and I think they were not in stereo…
like the SR-16 version…
I find the trigger pads on that box to be the S***s…
as well…
Anyway, it seems so long ago that we had all that stuff set up and running…
We used all that stuff along with the Tascam 38 1/2" machine…

Kudos…
to You and your Daughter…
Tell her…
I SaId So…
:p
:laugh:
:)

Bill…

Yaz,
Yes a dobro, thats what I thought, love the sound of it.

Really enjoyed listening to all of these. Don’t have a favorite, but if I had to pick one, I’d go with Cinnamon Girl, just because the vocals are clearly superior to the original. :agree:

I forgot to ask… What audio hardware were you using back then… and What computer was all that stuff working with ???? Can you remember the specs of that machine?

Bill…

Great stuff Yazzer!

Battle of Evermore kicks BOO-TAY. Great job on all though. :agree: :agree:

D

Thanks fellers, we actually played out live using the backing tracks on a cd a couple of times, then we did do Battle Of Evermore live at a chicken stew once, just me n her.

And by the way, she was pregnant with her 2nd child (Eavenly Grace) during the recording of all this. The little sweetie wound up being born 1 hour past my birthday, man I was hoping it was gonna be on my birthday, what a hoot! But the little tyke still loves fer grandpa to get out a guitar and me n her sing Twinkle Twinkle! :)

Hardware, (now don’t laugh) was an old PC, Compaq with a 15 gig hard drive, Windows 98SE, slower than mud. I had to do pre-mixes back then just to get effects on various tracks. Band on the Run was mixed down live so I could turn the reverb off and on in parts, I didn’t even know how to draw envelops then.

Man this is funny because I am recording now on a Dell with a 18 Gig drive, WIn98!Yep slower than mud!

Enjoyed the tunes I’ve heard so far, will be back! sounds like y’all had fun!