Direct x- plugin causes a bad pool caller error!

Cant reinstall or work with this plugin

Hi, I´m having a problem with a direct-x-plugin (Antares Autotune) that causes a blue screen (and the pc reboots) saying something about
bad pool caller. This happens everytime I try to work with this plugin or even try to reinstall it all over.

When I try to reinstall it then the blue screen appears just before the registration screen and when I try to open a project where I use this plugin then the blue screen comes immediately.

The problem occured yesterday after I have tried an older Windows configuration date (I dont know what its called in english) and then went back again to the latest date.

Could it be something there that have messed up in the registration database?

I have tried Rechistry Mechanic but it seems unable to solve the problem.

I would really apreciate any help.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards Henrik :;):

Hi henrik:
Did that plug-in work on earlier versions/builds of n-Track, on your set-up?

I don’t have or use that plug here… but I recall that error happening to the set-up I have here… I can’t remember the plug-in that gave me the issue, either…

I know, it’s a real pain to do… but you may try to “Revert n-Track to Default” to see if that clears up your issue… I seem to remember using the Demo version of that plug-in… way back when… That’s an expensive… Hi-Priced Plug… if I remember correctly… Does Antares make both a VST and DX versions of that application?

I hope you get it working… OoHh… Have you checked their forum to see if those guys can help you?

Bill…

there is a problem with autotune (5) and Windows XP SP2 - but whwn i tried to see what it was all i got was a blank page - go the antares website click on knowledge base and see if you can get it to spill the beans -

Dr J

Quote (woxnerw @ Jan. 09 2007,10:09)
Hi henrik:
Did that plug-in work on earlier versions/builds of n-Track, on your set-up?

I don’t have or use that plug here… but I recall that error happening to the set-up I have here… I can’t remember the plug-in that gave me the issue, either…

I know, it’s a real pain to do… but you may try to “Revert n-Track to Default” to see if that clears up your issue… I seem to remember using the Demo version of that plug-in… way back when… That’s an expensive… Hi-Priced Plug… if I remember correctly… Does Antares make both a VST and DX versions of that application?

I hope you get it working… OoHh… Have you checked their forum to see if those guys can help you?

Bill…

Hello Woxnerw,
thanks for your reply.

You asked me to try default settings in n-Track but you see, the blue screen comes as soon as I try to register the plugin and not even working in n-Track.

So its can´t be a n-Track problem.

I think there must be some corrupt files in my system making this mess.
I dont think there are other solutions than reformatting my system.

Kind regards Henrik

from the antares website

If you are experiencing a Blue Screen crash, the first thing to check would be that you have the latest Service Pack for Windows installed on your system.

After you have confirmed that you have the latest Service Pack installed, please download and install the latest version of software from the software update section of our website: http://www.antarestech.com/download/updateform.shtml

Once you have download and installed the latest version, please download and install the latest drivers from Pace Interlok using this direct link to the file: http://broadband.paceap.com/extensions/tpkd.zip

Once you have installed the latest drivers and the latest version of Auto-tune software, your trouble should be resolved. If you are still experiencing a Blue Screen Error, you may need to adjust your Windows XP Data Execution Prevention settings. (DEP Settings)

The DEP option can be found in “System Properties | Advanced | Performance Options | Data Execution Prevention”.

(You may find your system properties when you right click on “My Computer”.)

If the DEP setting is already on “Turn on DEP for all programs and services” by default, please change the setting to “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services.”

This should resolve the Blue Screen Error.

However, if the DEP setting is instead initially set to “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services” please perform the following sequence and you should be able to get the software installed on your system:

Switch the DEP setting to “Turn on DEP for all programs and services”. This will require you to restart your computer. This will more than likely result in an error screen which may possibly reference “non-executable memory”. You will then need to do another restart. After the computer has been restarted, please go back and change the DEP setting back to “essential Windows programs and services”. This should resolve the trouble you are experiencing.

Dr J

Quote (DR Jackrabbit @ Jan. 09 2007,11:24)
there is a problem with autotune (5) and Windows XP SP2 - but whwn i tried to see what it was all i got was a blank page - go the antares website click on knowledge base and see if you can get it to spill the beans -

Dr J

Hi DR J,
thanks for your reply.

I´m not using ver. 5 but an earlier one. ver. 3.25.

The plugin could be installed without any problems yesterday.

But then after having tried a previous windows restoration point and again returning to the latest date, the plugin will not work or install anymore.
Only this Blue screen
???

I suppose it could be the pace security files that works with this plugin that was interrupted when I turned to previous Windows restaurations point and back again.
I hope this makes sense. Its difficult to explain.
But it´s really frustrating because I´ve spent a lot of money on this software.

Kind regards Henrik
Quote (DR Jackrabbit @ Jan. 09 2007,12:22)
from the antares website

If you are experiencing a Blue Screen crash, the first thing to check would be that you have the latest Service Pack for Windows installed on your system.

After you have confirmed that you have the latest Service Pack installed, please download and install the latest version of software from the software update section of our website: http://www.antarestech.com/download/updateform.shtml

Once you have download and installed the latest version, please download and install the latest drivers from Pace Interlok using this direct link to the file: http://broadband.paceap.com/extensions/tpkd.zip

Once you have installed the latest drivers and the latest version of Auto-tune software, your trouble should be resolved. If you are still experiencing a Blue Screen Error, you may need to adjust your Windows XP Data Execution Prevention settings. (DEP Settings)

The DEP option can be found in "System Properties | Advanced | Performance Options | Data Execution Prevention".

(You may find your system properties when you right click on “My Computer”.)

If the DEP setting is already on “Turn on DEP for all programs and services” by default, please change the setting to “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services.”

This should resolve the Blue Screen Error.

However, if the DEP setting is instead initially set to “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services” please perform the following sequence and you should be able to get the software installed on your system:

Switch the DEP setting to “Turn on DEP for all programs and services”. This will require you to restart your computer. This will more than likely result in an error screen which may possibly reference “non-executable memory”. You will then need to do another restart. After the computer has been restarted, please go back and change the DEP setting back to “essential Windows programs and services”. This should resolve the trouble you are experiencing.

Dr J

Thanks DR J,
I really appreciate your help.
I hope that these "tricks" can do the job!
Thanks again.
Kind regards Henrik :)

Eyup!

Henrik, have you replaced any hardware in your computer?

XP is usually very good at handling software driver issues, a blue screen indicates that the errors are happening at a deep level within the operating system itself.
I know that the ant-piracy protection used by Antares has caused many problems in the past.

I had OB-Tune, which is basically Autotune, and when I upgraded my computer hardware it no longer worked and would not re-register.

I now use Gsnap which is FREE! and does what I need.

All I can suggest is that you not only uninstall it, but also look for any registry entries left over and delete them too.
Faling that, as you say, probably a complete reformat, and then you may need to contact Antares again for a new response to the challenge.

Good luck Henrik

Steve

Quote (Beefy Steve @ Jan. 09 2007,12:34)
Eyup!

Henrik, have you replaced any hardware in your computer?

XP is usually very good at handling software driver issues, a blue screen indicates that the errors are happening at a deep level within the operating system itself.
I know that the ant-piracy protection used by Antares has caused many problems in the past.

I had OB-Tune, which is basically Autotune, and when I upgraded my computer hardware it no longer worked and would not re-register.

I now use Gsnap which is FREE! and does what I need.

All I can suggest is that you not only uninstall it, but also look for any registry entries left over and delete them too.
Faling that, as you say, probably a complete reformat, and then you may need to contact Antares again for a new response to the challenge.

Good luck Henrik

Steve

Thanks for your reply Steve,
I havent installed any new hardware
and I´m not even able to enter the registration screen before the Blue Screen appears. So that tells me that there are som corrupt files somewhere messing it all up.
Yesterday it all worked but after I went to a previous Windows restoration point because of some other problems then the plugin messed up and wouldent let me reinstall or registrate.
I will look for the left registry entries. Good suggestion.
And many thanks for the tip about Gsnap

Hi all,
I dont know exactly what happend but now it seems like the blue screens are gone - if I really dare say so ??? .
I downloaded some updated pace files like DR j recommended. That might have solved the problem. Thanks!

Now I just need some new response codes - once again - from Antares Support.

Who said it should be easy? :;):

Kind regards

Henrik
:)

I’ve had probems with Pace security stuff. I generally don’t want it on my machine.

Quote (phoo @ Jan. 10 2007,14:24)
I've had probems with Pace security stuff. I generally don't want it on my machine.

Hi Phoo,
I agree. The thing is just that I wasn´t aware of this pace lock nightmare :( when I purchased it some years ago and now that I have the software I want to be able to use it after having spent so much money on in.
But yes you are right.
Kind regards Henrik

I made the mistake of installing a demo of autotune a year or so ago. Took me forever to figure what was wrong. I googled pace and found out how to get my machine back. But now if it has pace (i think it’s a virus) I DON’T install.

Larrye

Quote (Larrye @ Jan. 10 2007,15:04)
I made the mistake of installing a demo of autotune a year or so ago. Took me forever to figure what was wrong. I googled pace and found out how to get my machine back. But now if it has pace (i think it's a virus) I DON'T install.

Larrye

Hi Larrye,
that sounds frustrating -there really seems to be serious problems with this stuff. But I love the plugin - but dont love pace :)
Thanks for your input

Henrik,

I should have said it acted like a virus.

If you want the best pitch software check out melodyne, it cost quite a bit but it is truly amazing.

Larrye

Quote (Larrye @ Jan. 11 2007,10:46)
Henrik,

I should have said it acted like a virus.

If you want the best pitch software check out melodyne, it cost quite a bit but it is truly amazing.

Larrye

Hi Larrye,
this sounds really, really interesting :)
I surfed on the internet and found out that it is very popular and with many feautures but also expensive ???
Thanks for the tip.

Quote (henrik @ Jan. 09 2007,19:18)
Hi all,
I dont know exactly what happend but now it seems like the blue screens are gone - if I really dare say so ???
Kind regards

Henrik
:)

Sorry to bring this topic up again but just wanna tell you that the “pace-lock”-nightmare continued with blue screens and crashes so now I have reinstalled Windows and I´m not installing this plugin anymore - sad not to be able to use what you have paid for :(
Kind regards Henrik