Dissolve Midi Drums

Hi,

1st post and new to Track Studio 9 here. Could anyone tell me if its possible to split or ‘dissolve’ a drum midi track into separate tracks for each kit piece?. i remember doing this years ago in Cubase…many thanks

I’m not sure if I understand what you mean. If you use the n_Track Drums synth in a dedicated instrument channel it will have I think 6 outputs (i.e. 3 stereo pairs) which you can then process independently (i.e. add different effects to each pair). You can assign each drum element to one of the outputs.
Alternatively you can use copy and paste in the piano roll to copy each ‘row’ of track notes, corresponding to a certain drum element, to a separate track, so that each track will have only that element, and you’ll be able to process the tracks differently, even use a different drum kit for each track.

Flavio.

Thank you !..that’s answered everything with the separate outs option…cheers!

Hi…just another quick question if that’s ok?.

I’m using a drum VSTi with the ability to send individual outs To a DAW for each kit piece. All I see in Ntrack are the built in stereo outs when I try to assign the vsti to separate tracks. Is it possible to even do this please?

Regards

I’m not sure if I understand. A VSTi placed on a dedicated instrument channel (not on a MIDI track) can have multiple outputs. Each output is a stereo pair. If a plugin has 8 outputs you will see 4 instrument channels. You can if you want assign an instrument channel’s output to a track, although I’m not sure of why you would want to do that. Each instrument output pair shows up in the mixer as an independent channel, has its own volume/pan controls and can be further processed with effects.

Flavio.

Many thanks for the reply Flávio :+1: