Drum Loops

What to Buy

Has anyone out there had any experience good or bad with the Beta Moneky Drums Loops. I’m getting tired of programming drum fills, beats, etc. I was thinking it would be nice to assemble loops as they sound pretty good. The only draw back I can see so far is that you cannot individually mix & edit each piece of the drumkit. Let me know what you think or if you’ve heard of something better. I don’t use a midi keyboard & my price range is $50.00 & under.

Thanks,

Also has anyone ever heard of ILIO and any opinions there?

Obie. do check out Betamonkey. U can’t go wrong with the price, the quality and variety of loops offered on each cd. For fifty bucks u can have a great set of loops that will take u far. They have specials where u can get multiple discs at a discount. I swear by them and will buy from them again. With one shots they offer u can build ur own drums or use them in conjunction with thier loops. It’s endless. Try it. U’ll like it.
HTH
Bob

Hi,

Been using FL Studio for 3 years and very happy with it, and its integration with Ntrack Studio. I’m using the Fruity Loops Edition which costs $99. I don’t think the $49 version integrates with Ntrack Studio. Each drum can be tuned/mixed individually.

-Tim

Take a look at drums on demand for loops then go download a trial version of Acid. you can tak any loop and generate a one shot or what ever you need, great stuff.

Cheers
Cruiser

Some of the loop libraries have individual tracks for different parts of the drumkit.

Personally, I have never really learned to like loops. To me, programming the drum tracks in midi gives more flexibility. Especially with a little help from Band in a Box and groove quantizing…

(That’s why I have a drum loop library for sale: Numerical Sounds’ “New Orleans: the Delta Grooves”. Good stuff, separate tracks for pieces of the kit, Gigastudio format convertable to different sample formats. I just don’t have the patience constructing stuff for my liking from loops… If somebody’s interested, PM me.)

i will also vote for fl studio (fruity loops), but you say you want to get away from programming the individual hits and fills right… you might wanna try out jamstix at http://www.rayzoon.com/, which alot of people have been raving about lately. i haven’t tried it, but there are some video demos on the site that look pretty interesting. the bad thing about it is if you want to deviate from the sample sets they provide, you have to link it up to a seperate sampler plugin, load up your samples into that, and have jamstix control the sampler… a little too much work for me, and i don’t mind programming my own patterns in fruity loops.

Reason 3.0

Quote (cruiser @ Aug. 07 2005,19:43)
Take a look at drums on demand for loops then go download a trial version of Acid. you can tak any loop and generate a one shot or what ever you need, great stuff.

Cheers
Cruiser

Hi Cruiser,

Can you tell where I could find Acid software ? I tried to locate it in Googlebut found nothing :(

Cheers
Jp
Quote (Modulus @ Aug. 24 2005,22:57)
Reason 3.0

Only for Mac OS I'm affraid :(

<!–QuoteBegin>

Can you tell where I could find Acid software

I’m not Cruiser but…

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/product…38-3000

There’s a free version called Acid Xpress. Not as feature rich but certainly usable.

Mark

Mark

I have just read a slough of great reviews about Beta Monkey on ww.harmony-central.com

They seem to be very very high quality and at more than reasonable prices.

Oh, by the way, Reason Drumkit refills comes with it’s own softsynth and rec’d high marks from Electronic Musician Magazine. This drum software is available for both PC and Mac platforms.

FYI …Reason 3.0 crosses both platforms as well. I thought it strange that it was posted that it was MAC only. But I had a nice demo of it (PC here) and so I checked my Sweetwater catalog and it is for either Mac and PC.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I bought the beta monkey drum loop set, volumes 1 through 4 ($45.00 on ebay shipping incl.) and I love em so far! what used to take me hours now takes minutes. Granted you don’t have complete control but the sound of the recording and the human being playing them are quite good. I’m not exactly an ace musician or producer but I’m happy with the 2 songs I have finished in the last couple of days and it was actually fun doing it! I’ll post em if anyone wants to give a listen. Thanks again.
:)

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’ll post em if anyone wants to give a listen

Yes please!

Mark

here’s the link 4 2 songs made with beta monkey loops, song #2 also has an old skool fruity loops drum loop in it that sounds pretty fake(did that on purpose)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=312004