DrWatson Postmortem Debugger

faulting module ntdll.dll

I’m getting errors for an ntrack dll file, and each time I get an error “DrWatson Postmortem Debugger” pops up and boots ntrack closed. I was mistaking this scenario for ntrack connecting to the interent, I didn’t notice DrWatson on the list of active programs at first. But made a chonshous effort to see it in action! The Dr. Watson program is configured to run when an application error occurs but how the booting is happening is beyond me!
A few of the errors that caused DrWatsonPostmorutm to react are:
===============================================
Faulting application ntrack.exe, version 3.1.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll,
version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0001888f.

Hanging application ntrack.exe, version 3.1.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0,
hang address 0x00000000.

version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0001888f

version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00011e58

Faulting application ntrack.exe, version 3.1.0.0, faulting module ntrack.exe,
version 3.1.0.0, fault address 0x0012320e.

I hope this helps,
Tom

I just found another Error with Registry Machanic:

Low Priority error: facomp.hlp help item is invalid - Set to Delete
facomp.hlp=C:\Program Files\FASoft
-Track Studio 4\FA-Plugins

I would not worry about that last one Tom. That’s just a warning that a help file is missing or corrupt or maybe the index is fouled up.

The Dr. Watson stuff? No clue there. Sorry…

TG

Hi TG,
And any 4. ntrack users.
My registery mecanic can fix it. But with every error message I got, I also got the boot from ntrack. Or more specifically, ntrack eather froze or closed imediately.
Anyone experiancing freezing or unexpected closing (for no aparent reason) should go to their control panel, choose “Administrative tools”…“Event Viewer” … click “Applications” look for error messages on the right, then right click on any, choosing “properties” to see what is causing it. (computer restart was necessary for me to see the most current errors in the Event Viewr)
At the time these errors happened I was eather scratching my head, looking crossways at ntrack, or smiling at it. Simply clicking record or a basic routine comand under pristien conditions. There wasn’t a reason for the program to close! But these error messages say otherwise.

Hi Tom,
are you using XP with service pack 2? If so, try to change the security configuration. There are a lot of alternatives.

Tom,

I wish I could help more…but n-Track has been pretty much flawless for me. Any bugs I’ve ran across with the V4.0.4 Beta, I’ve reported and BANG! Flavio fixed 'em!

TG

DrWatson Postmortem Debugger is a program that programmer use to find out why a program or module fails. It is one step “above” a hardware debuggings solution. It is not malicious, maybe Flavio forgot to take out the “hooks” when he released the build. He is probably just trying his best to produce the best nTrack possible. Send him a bug report.

That’s a pretty old version of n-Track. I suggest you up-rev. V3.3 seems pretty good to me, but I believe I still have a number of earlier versions if you’re interested.

Actually, Jeff, even the latest 4.04 (1768) is reported as 3.1.0.0. I think it’s just the version number embedded in the ntrack.exe binary or something, which never seems to change. I see it if I right click on installed ntrack.exe file and look at the properties. If I’m not mistaken, last I heard (in another thread) Tom was running 4.04 beta or something(?)

Tom–What version are you at now?

Tony

Quote (nergle @ Feb. 15 2005,13:40)
The only things I know about Doc Watson, is that he's a brilliant guitar player, and his outstanding services to pussy cats.

By age 11, his musical talent already growing, he had picked up the banjo, made with the help of his grandmother's cat, which became the instrument's drum. Doc's conscience is clear on that point, however, because as he remembers "I never knew the animal. I never petted it. I never heard it howl or anything that I remember of. It just got old and decrepit and Dad persuaded my brother to put it out of its misery.

Is that the same as "debugging"? :D

Ali
Wait, wait...I think I understand what you're saying now, Ali... Why didn't I think of that before?

Tom, there's a cat in your computer. That's the problem. Feel free to "hoover" it out (or is an air compressor better?). :laugh:

Tony

Thanks Scantee!
:D No, this is a fairly new computer. Infact it acts like that with no other programs. Besides those are ntrack errors :angry: So it was ntrack that was dieing in my computer hence the postmortum tag from DrWatson. It’s all sooo wrong! :D

I just did a 2 hr. session with N build 1770… Very nice!
I kept my eye open for that pesky Dr Watson and noticed; Generic Host Process for Win32 Services proceedes Dr Watson everytime, onto zonealarms active programs list! So this is trying to connect to the internet though Ntrack maybe or otherwies, and causing a glitch while running Ntrack!
I’ll keep y’all updated on this very exciting episode of: “Will Wiley Blues Guy Keep His Comp Up and Running”?
:laugh: Dear Loard, if you let me get away with it this time, I promise to never ever do that again! :D

Try looking at the Dr Watson log file to see what’s going on.
Dr Watson Logfile explained

BTW, Dr. James Watson was one of the co-discoverers of DNA hense the use of his name.

:cool: WEll it finally happened, the comp was rendered a robott and is now shut down. The 50 gigs of music may or may not be saved. Some of it was awsome! If I loose it all, I can always rerecord it better ;-)
So my feelings where correct and my good security features keet me going for a long time. How did I enjest the pest? I'm sure I downloaded something while distracted or when I was having a deslexic moment!

It will all be cleaned up soon. To any hackers out there, be'ware! Some things have a funny way of finding their way back!
Me? No I'm no hacker, I'll just leave it up to carma and that alone makes me feel just right!.

:D See the rest of you good people in Defensive Driving School!

Tom
www.tomlambert.com