I JUST UPGRADE TO 5.0
AND I UPGRADED TO AN EMU 1820
SO FAR I LIKE IT ALOT
I HAVE NOT RECORDED WITH TI YET
I CANT GET A SIGNAL TO THE N TRACK INPUT VU METER OR
ANY RECORDING SIGNAL
ANYONE WHO HAS THEI SOUND CARD PLESE HELP IM SURE ITS A SIMPLE ROUTING ISSUE
THANX TONY

I still use n-Track v4, but I also use an EMU 1820 soundcard and I am very pleased with it. I have had no trouble setting it up.

What drivers are you using for n-Track? I recommend using ASIO drivers. The n-Track manual has comprehensive information on setting n-Track up for ASIO. Remember that only one host application (n-Track in this case) may use the EMU 1820 at one time according to the ASIO protocol. The EMU manual contains a lot of info on the routing, which is very sophisticated and may appear a bit complex.

You are welcome to get back to the board if you are unable to solve the issues after consulting your manuals.

regards, Nils

sounds to me like maybe your not opening the" new session" button at top of emu mixer,doing this will open the new session box and you will be able to choose a template for your new session,try going with the default multitrack at first,after youve chose,your ready to go,you may have to insert some sends or route this an that here or there,but its there after you open a new session…try this link toohttp://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov05/articles/emupatchmix.htmhttp://www.productionforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4272
thats 2 links actually,

Those guys nailed it pretty good… You have to have ASIO SENDS inserted in PatchMIX before they will appear as inputs in n-Track. I think there is a pre-built template that installs with PatchMIX for tracking all inputs. The sends are already set up in that session template.

Take the time to study PatchMIX carefully. It is a really powerful tool for routing audio. PatchMIX only has to be complicated if need be. The session templates make most tasks simple. Just load the session and go.

D

are you guys using powerFX inside ntrack at all? i can’t get anything to play back if i use more than a few effects inside powerFX. And even if i turn on render mode for powerFX it still adds latency to the tracks that use it when i do a mix down. any suggestions?

PowerFX worked for a very short time in n-Track. Then either EMU updates or n-Track updates broke it. I gave up on PowerFX. There are lots of good free or cheap VST plugins that do the job without the hassle of trying to get PFX to work.

D

Tried PFX with R yet? Hrm… I gave up on PFX a long time ago. Maybe time to look at it again?

Quote (Bubbagump @ Feb. 05 2007,13:08)
Tried PFX with R yet? Hrm... I gave up on PFX a long time ago. Maybe time to look at it again?

No... I have not tried PFX in 'R'... hmmm.... I agree. It's time to do it... soon as I get home.

D

‘R’, what’s ‘R’? oh wait, do you mean render mode? it’s crap if you want to listen to playback, but it seems to work when you do a mixdown. the only thing is, is that it slows down the tracks its used on. so everything will be in correct time except the some of the tracks that use PFX.

Quote (Bubbagump @ Feb. 05 2007,13:08)
Tried PFX with R yet? Hrm... I gave up on PFX a long time ago. Maybe time to look at it again?

I doo'd it! I doo'd it! PFX works in 'R'. :D

You have to enable Render mode and the usage gets reported wrong but a chain on the master with comp, 3-band EQ, and stereo verb worked like a charm.

Another tool for the box eh?

D

yeah ntrack seems to work with PFX for a single track in render mode. but once you get up to like 3 tracks that all use PFX it craps out. cool to know it works though.