Eurorack ub1202

FX send

Okay, I’ve read the Berry 1202 manual but can’t quite figure out how to attach an external fx unit to the mixer…I think you go from the FX Send to the effects unit, but from there I don’t know where to route the signal…I’m sure I’m missing something obvious…

Any Eurorack mixer users out there?

If so and you can slap me upside the head with some common knowledge on how to route an effects unit correctly, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Remy

Quote (RemyRambles @ Feb. 18 2005,12:06)
Okay, I've read the Berry 1202 manual but can't quite figure out how to attach an external fx unit to the mixer...I think you go from the FX Send to the effects unit, but from there I don't know where to route the signal...I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...

Any Eurorack mixer users out there?

If so and you can slap me upside the head with some common knowledge on how to route an effects unit correctly, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Remy

Um, you route it back in the effects return. It should be right next to the send jack on the mixer. :)

EDIT: Okay, I am a smartass dope. I just looked at the mixer, THERE IS NO RETURN?!?!?! What's up with that? The only thing you can do then is route it back into one of the stereo channels and mix it in. That kinda stinks.

man, bubba, that’s what I thought and I stared at the d!#$ machine until i was cross-eyed but couldn’t find any that resembled an FX return or any other type of return for that matter…the jack right next to the FX Send is the Phones jack…I’ll go back to it when I get home from work and continue staring until the light bulb flashes above my head (or the ACME anvil drops)…

Hypothetically speaking of course, say i inadvertently routed the FX send to the mains out of the mixer could that possibly futzed up the mixer? I don’t think any actual signals were sent, again, hypothetically speaking of course.

If you read the manual carefully, on the end of page 6/top of page 7 under section 2.3 they get into this and they basically say on your mixer use a stereo channel for the return. It looks like that is your only option.

I thought that is what the manual was referring to, but I wasn’t certain…

I did try doing this but could never hear the fx (delay unit)…Guess, I’ll just keep playing around 'til something happens (hopefully, something good)…

Bubba, as always, your posts are most informative.

Thanks for your insight,

R~R~

My mxb1002 has 1/4" plugins on the stereo channels with independent gain (mic / line) knobs.
You can run a mic and another input such as effect or whatever at the same time. The board also has insert plugs on the mono channels.
My manual says this is the way.
Good luck.