Feature request

really easy

I would like to be able to have a ‘track properties’ icon available for the toolbar.
Maybe it’s already there and I just didn’t see it.

what track would it refer to ? - you would still have to select a track then click on the icon to open the correct box which would not be any quicker than tight click select from menu - a properties icon IN THE TRACK would be better then only the box for that track would opn =

***if you UNDOCK the properties box so that you can move it around makes it easier to use - whatever, once it is opened selecting a track automatically changes the properties in the box to the selected track - by undocking the properties box you can shift around as you work -

M.R.

M.R.

That would work. I just have a problem with viewing your plugins - once you close them, there is no direct way to bring them back up unless you go thru the properties dialog and select the little hammer thingy. Should be an icon on the track to bring up the plugin gui.

all plugins can be opened directly by double clicking in the plugin name in your track meter bank - if your plugins do not show then you have to set N to display the faders for them - VST show in all track faders but VSTI show only if instrument faders are shown - if effects are on groups then you will have to display group faders etc -

click drag right edge of meters frame - when a blank area appears then right click in that area, select from list -

M.R.

M.R.

also - if you right click in the VST/VSTi name in the fader another menu will appear which allows you to replace/add effect - reposition them (move up/down)if you have two or more on a track - remove effect etc -

M.R.

Quote:

all plugins can be opened directly by double clicking in the plugin name in your track meter bank

Doh ! thanx

And the rabbit does it again:-)

Quote:

all plugins can be opened directly by double clicking in the plugin name in your track meter bank

OK now I remember - This does not work for MIDI. If you have a MIDI track with an instrument, and you want to pull up it's GUI, you have to go Track/Properties/litlle hammer thingy.
That's what I want to see added to a MIDI track. An icon that lets you bring up the instrument GUI (somewhere on the MIDI track mixer strip). ...And that should be easy-

for Flavio anyway. :laugh:

it works the same for MIDI as i stated above “VSTi show only if instrument faders are shown” - as are the instructions to show instrument faders -

M.R.

Yes ! You are correct. Finally got it. :)
I have to change my coffe brand.
Thanx again

here is a list of ideas i sent to Flavio at the beginning of February - it includes a lot of INTRACK icoms -

1 a ‘rack’ for VSTi instruments and a ‘rack’ for VST effects - this is how it would work -

navigate to VST effects - rightclick on effect - box appears which says “add to rack” yes/no clicking on yes would transfer that VST to the rack but would not open it - this way one could build up a quick access to your favourite effects - the same for VSTi instruments but in a separate rack to the VSTs -

on a track next to the per-part mute arrow there would be two new letters E for effect and I for instruments - clicking on E would open the effects rack and then by clicking on an effect in the rack it would open it - same for instruments using I - this would be active on a per-part basis for both audio and MIDI -

once an effect / instrument has been selected then any part on any track can be routed to that effect / instrument without opening another version of that plugin - IE, in a song 24 parts are directed to an effect but there is only one instance of that effect open - same for MIDI 24 parts are routed to an instrument, only one instance of the instrument is open - other parts on the same track can be routed to other effects / instruments at will -

Pitch shift - a P is added to the track lettering above, clicking on the P would open a box that is the same as the per-part pitch data that is shown in properties - one could then see at a glance see what the pitch setting per-part is and make alterations without having to open properties box every time -

*** now for the difficult one - i have had many occasions where i have had to try and line up MIDI notes to an audio track - this is virtually inpossible using N track - we should have the option to display a MIDI track as it is now or by right clicking in that track open a mini piano roll in that track space - now the piano roll can be edited and as the audio track is shown above it all would be much easier to line the MIDI notes to the audio rather than using switching to another DAW to do this and then switch back again -

an example of this would be in creating a control track which switchs the patterns in and out when using N track drums - the patterns being switched when a certain parts of the song plays -

M.R.