Flavio, I hope you or someone else can tell me the steps to handle the following situation. I’m asking because there is nothing in the manual about it. I love n-Track, by the way. I’m using Windows 10 and the latest version on n-Track. Anyway here’s what I need.
I have many custom-made MIDI files of Michael Franks songs that I had commissioned. Each MIDI file has a number of instrument tracks. For each song I want to do the following:
- Add audio tracks with background singing (my voice).
- Possibly add and/or modify some of the pre-recorded MIDI tracks to suit my liking.
- Remove the pre-recorded melody track so that I can sing the melody in performance.
The steps above I already know how to do. But I want to end up with two things for performance:
- A mixed-down WAV file of the above.
- An empty MIDI track with instrument changes built into it so I can play along while I sing the mixed-down song, and the instrument I’m playing on my keyboard will automatically change at certain points in the song. For example, I could have an instrument change at the beginning of the bridge of the song and then change back to the original instrument following the bridge. I’m pretty sure I can simply select a different instrument to play anywhere I want in the empty track as I hit the notes on my keyboard. Is that correct? Do I need to record the empty MIDI track with the instrument changes at the correct locations in the song? I assume I do.
To summarize, I need to know the all mixdown steps to take to end up with the two steps above so I’m ready to perform the song. Sorry for the long question. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.