For anyone interested...

… follow the linky-poo…

http://www.presonus.com/namm/

UJ

Tempting!

And read the ‘boring fine print’ at the bottom of the page :laugh:

Just realize that this for S1 Artist. A limited feature set of S1 ‘Pro’. Might be fun to doink around with… at the price of a pizza… why not?

UJ

EDIT: My copy is being sucked down right now. Lots of stuff in this deal. Wish I had a T1 line…

Do we want this? Is this something we can use?

Enquiring minds want to know…

Quote: (BillClarke @ Jan. 12 2011, 7:49 PM)

Do we want this? Is this something we can use?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Well that's up to you Bill. I'm still downloading... Supposedly, there are some real nice synths included, even in the Artist "Lite" version. Its also supposedly super stable (unlike n)
and the Pro version has a really nice mastering suite. I'm not looking for a Reaper replacement because R already surpasses my needs... but for 20 bucks, there's bound to be something cool in there. :)

I don't anticipate popping 200 bucks for Pro but I wanna see what all the fuss is about S1 versus the BEST moderately priced DAW out there; Reaper.

UJ

PS I know a few of you guys are somehow 'stuck on ' n... but there ARE better tools out there whether you'll admit it or not...

PPS Flame suit ON... :laugh:

let us know - you can guinea pig for us - I have my hands and pipeline full right now downloading 64 bit versions of all my software setting up my new mursheen :agree:

Diffs between the two versions

http://www.presonus.com/media/pdf/Why_Upgrade_S1Pro_LoRez.pdf

No Vst support in Artist. :disagree:

Need pro to export to MP3… and you can also upload to Facebook without leaving the app. Like I really need that. Huh?

Oh and an “integrated mastering suite” in Pro.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 12 2011, 9:46 PM)

let us know - you can guinea pig for us - I have my hands and pipeline full right now downloading 64 bit versions of all my software setting up my new mursheen
:agree:

Pig is what I do best. :)

UJ
Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 12 2011, 9:49 PM)

Diffs between the two versions

http://www.presonus.com/media/pdf/Why_Upgrade_S1Pro_LoRez.pdf

No Vst support in Artist.
:disagree:

Need pro to export to MP3...
and you can also upload to Facebook without leaving the app.
Like I really need that.
Huh?

Oh and an "integrated mastering suite" in Pro.

Yep. Facebook? Who cares...

Still... for a pizza, there might be some fun to be had.

UJ

I sort of have it setup. Been doinking around a bit. The included KB/ sounds are pretty nice loads of variety and many of them sound great. I’ll continue to explore…

I haven’t attempted it yet but some guys on the R forum are Rewiring S1A into R to get around the no VST thing. Dunno about that yet…

UJ

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 16 2011, 4:43 AM)

I haven't attempted it yet but some guys on the R forum are Rewiring S1A into R to get around the no VST thing. Dunno about that yet...

UJ

Interesting idea. Not sure I see the point of that though.
Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 15 2011, 12:35 PM)

I haven't attempted it yet but some guys on the R forum are Rewiring S1A into R to get around the no VST thing. Dunno about that yet...

UJ

Interesting idea.
Not sure I see the point of that though.

I reckon to use the S1 synths in Reaper. I'll let you know if it works. Im satisfied I'll have 20 bucks worth of fun with it... :)

UJ
Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Jan. 16 2011, 8:26 AM)

Quote: (Mark A @ Jan. 15 2011, 12:35 PM)

UJ

Interesting idea.
Not sure I see the point of that though.

I reckon to use the S1 synths in Reaper. I'll let you know if it works. Im satisfied I'll have 20 bucks worth of fun with it... :)

UJ

Oh, I see. That does like a good idea.

Okay… S1A is NOT ReWire capable… so that’s out. However, there IS another ‘trick’ I’m exploring. IF it works, I’ll be able to use any VST or VST(i) in S1A.

The experiments continue… :laugh:

D

PS I will say this; Thus far, S1A has been every bit as stable as Reaper. Which means it’s about 1,000 times more stable than FuzzOfft-Track. :laugh: