For Flavio, features request

Oh by the way - I downloaded ver 1.3.3 yesterday - loaded right up and was kind’of fun to see the old look!

Thanks Flavio,

I look forward to these features. I’ll check the EQ black thing and see if I can see it. The double clicking on the knobs for the EQ will be very handy for initial EQ settings. This has always been frustrating to match 2 tracks up without having to open the track settings window. I look forward to this very much, and the windows size thing too. Thank you, so very much, for all your consideration to my feature requests. I look forward to saying good buy to my tooth brush ruler.

One other consideration about the last size of the EQ settings window your about to add?. Would it be possible, as an example, ok the windows defaults to the size I want great, I move it to the place I want, can this position be remembered, so the next time I open it it will be in the same spot I moved it, for this particular song I’m working on?

And perhaps as an option, (Window Staggering)
It would be nice if I click on track 1 EQ settings set it’s size (My Default), then when I click on track 2 EQ settings it’s windows pops up (My Default) right beside it, track 3 (My Default) right beside it, track 4 (My Default) and so forth, so each track EQ settings is nice and staggered, perfectly aligned with no over laps and my default size? Maybe I’m asking too much? This saves time if it could work this way. Just a suggestion.

Many thanks again,

PACO

Saving popular EQ settings (like one particular EQ I like to use on toms before starting to mix) seems to be the trick for cloning EQ settings across many tracks easily. It’s matter of saving by name, then calling up the saved settings by name in other tracks.

I have never been a fan of the track EQ. Don’t think I’ve ever used it. My work habits have grown from and always leaned toward plug-ins. They are easily saved and edited and named. My personal EQ plugin preset library is probably well over 5 per song average and I’ve done a ton of songs. I know it’s just me but from the early versions of n and others the face gui EQ knobs have always looked like toys and I just have never taken them serious. I can have ‘myvocal’ or ‘strat’ pulled up and clickin’ in nothin’ flat. (nothin’ flat - that’s punny)

I use the track EQ a lot, but I have to agree about knobs. I know they take up less screen room, but I sometimes have a hard time adjusting them. I much prefer a slider. Sometimes the actual movement for the knob takes the cursor far up or down the screen and it is hard to tell where you are. The typed in settings will help.
Bax

Quote: (bax3 @ Dec. 17 2008, 9:00 AM)

Sometimes the actual movement for the knob takes the cursor far up or down the screen and it is hard to tell where you are.

Why dont you use the nodes on the EQ for movement? They'er much easier to use than the knobs. Just click on one and move at will... up, down, left or right. The nobs and the numbers react accordingly. Also, you can highlight a node and change it's properties. Example.. node 3 from high shelf to "sweepable frequency node" (I can't remember the exact name). You can adjust the Q also, but for that you need the knob.

if you open the EQ panel, look for the first icon at the top (looks like a white bar) click on that and three large knobs appear - there a bit fast but easier to use than the ones on the fader -

M.R.