found addictive drums on our pc

im in 2 minds weather to mention this is case it all ends in tears…we had addictive drums a couple of years ago we could not work out how to use it felt totaly stupid & got rid of it… today i found its still loaded on the computer
is there realy no way you can program it like you can program our simple little boss dr rhtym we cannot use midi & theres no point even thinking about it but is there another way to use it?
thanks

Well I don’t know about Addictive drums 'cos I don’t have it, but if it’s anything like EZdrummer (which I do have), it comes with a library of loops. You can select which ones you want and then drag them onto the time line. It’s MIDI but you don’t have to get your hands dirty.

Have you checked out Youtube? There’s usually a bunch of tutorials in there for software like this.

Have you tried the VST host?

VST host

you could also try loading it into NTrack, in theory
???

Quote:

Addictive Drums will work in most hosts that support the VST or AU standards. However, XLN Audio only actively tests and provides customer support for the hosts in the “Supported hosts” list above.

they are saying it works in:

Logic
Garageband
Pro Tools
Cubase
Sonar
Live
Digital Performer

so it’s worth a try in N…

IF you got it load in Ntrack you could also play it’s sounds with the midi output of the GNX4, meaning, whatever beat plays out the GNX4 will come out of those sounds instead on channel 10.
OR save D.A.'s midi output as a track and load it into the GNX4 midi folder then play it’s midi loops through the GNX4 sounds as well (Export Midi file Type_0 search for F: drive put in Midi folder) then go to a song number press “song setup” dial in the name of the loop and format the song and press play for the song…the beat rolls on…but I digress…

Saying you can’t use midi is just a cop out midi is just like any other file format if you can drop a wav. file into the GNX4 song folder and press play on it (or an mp3 into an MP3player) you can do the exact same thing for a midi file and the GNX4 will play it just the same.
But not using midi you are actually loosing out on the potential of these devices including the Boss dr, a simple drag and drop can add just about any beat imaginable into these drum machines, my daughter is 8 and she knows how to drag and drop a file into a folder and PLAY it on her own devices…can’t be that hard.

dontcare

thanks guys… I’ve got it as a vst in ntrack
but what im saying is i want to write my own drum parts with it like i can on the dr rhytym i dont want the loops/preset drum parts in addicive drums… can my pc keyboard not do it… i did try doing it on the piano roll thing but it was just hopeless …remember ive got an old version of ntrack

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Mar. 21 2011, 5:24 PM)

thanks guys.. I've got it as a vst in ntrack
but what im saying is i want to write my own drum parts with it like i can on the dr rhytym i dont want the loops/preset drum parts in addicive drums... can my
pc keyboard not do it.. i did try doing it on the piano roll thing but it was just hopeless ...remember ive got an old version of ntrack

How old? No n-T Drums?

version 4.0.4 tony… no ntrack drums

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Mar. 21 2011, 5:24 PM)

thanks guys.. I've got it as a vst in ntrack
but what im saying is i want to write my own drum parts with it like i can on the dr rhytym i dont want the loops/preset drum parts in addicive drums... can my
pc keyboard not do it.. i did try doing it on the piano roll thing but it was just hopeless ...remember ive got an old version of ntrack

it sounds like you are wanting to tap the keys on your keyboard to a beat using this drum program in real time? by assigning each keystroke a pad?

is that correct?

then record that data on a midi track to be converted to audio for later use?

I am not real familiar with a.d. or what it does.

But if that is the case, you would assign all the keys and then arm a midi track in NTrack (little red dot) put it on channel 10 and press record as you "play" the beat with the keys on the keyboard.

IF your just making your beat in Addictive drums by some pattern it has that you have tailored insert a midi track into Ntrack put it on channel 10 and arm it to record that data, whatever beat you got going (whether you tapped it out somehow or used a pattern/loop you created should be recorded to the midi track.
You could then use that midi track export it as a file and use it in any drum machine/sequencer you want, or edit the data in the piano roll, lengthen parts, copy paste delete that sort of jazz...

I do the same thing with the GNX4, if I find a beat I like I arm a midi track in Ntrack press play on the beat in the GNX4 then record all that data to a track for editing...sometimes a bit o lag...just highlight and slide it to the left...but I digress
:whistle:

dontcare

n-t Drums is just a plug. Download it.

Flavio!!! Give Tina a copy!

Hang on a mo’. So, have you ever managed to play any kind of software drums with your (midi?) keyboard?

Quote: (TonyR @ Mar. 22 2011, 1:30 PM)

So, have you ever managed to play any kind of software drums with your (midi?) keyboard?

Or tap it in on the pads on your drum machine.

i knew this would happen im completly confused!
no ive never played addictive drums from a keyboard & the only one ive got is my computre keyboard & my drum machine is not midi… yes i have 2 that are but i dont use them cos i cant understand them

so weve got a boss dr670/ an alessis sr16 /addictive drums & cant use any of them the only one we use is a realy old pre midi dr414 cos we can write drum parts on it on its display & i want to do this same thing with the others

Tina, may I recommend this?

http://www.fiverr.com/users/sheephead

He did this for me last week:

http://cookiefinger.bandcamp.com/track/calling-any-muses-2

Tried to install Addictive drums and no go it didn’t show up as an effect.
I also installed directly into the Ntrack folder.

Well, you are certainly doing better than me if you got it installed!
???

When I run it from program files there’s nothing but doc. files and uninstall tab…So I can’t start it anyway!

In any event, inside the Addictive Drums install file was a midi file demo in 110bPM but you can’t save it to the GNX4 on the older versions of Ntrack. (the GNX4 needs midi type MIDI_0 file format which the anything from 3V-5v doesn’t save as.
I used protracks that came with the GNX4 to save the files as Midi_0 into the CF card midi folder when I was on Version 2.3,and 5.

I’m sorry if I was a little of the cuff with that kid can do it comment that’s the law around here sometimes we get a good kick in the rear to get us going we do this for one another out of love
:agree:

it is proving to be quiet the challenge to get all your gear up and running together in a congruent network Ntrack can accept the GNX4 as a midi soundcard and play and record the data from Addictive drums, but once you get a file you are happy with (through editing in the piano roll if necessary) you have to export it and import it into ProTracks to save as MIDI_0 format and play out of the it’s drum module.
You might be better off just using the audio output of the A.D. and record that as wav. files. and copy paste them all around a grid with a click track… :laugh:

dontcare

thankyou jerm for trying to help me but i realy havent a clue what you are telling me to do…im sorry… i am just so stupid …this was such a bad idea starting this thread…please dont anyone post any more repilies

Ok, sorry… I know you said no more posts but I had an idea.

Have you tried Fruity Loops or whatever it’s called nowadays?.. FL Studio I think.

I used to use it for all my drum patterns a few years ago. It’s a pattern based sequencer (like a drum machine). You create each pattern on a grid (one row for each drum) and then in the song section you put the patterns into the order you want.

You can then export a wav of the song from FL which you can then import into n-track.

FL Studio does have some built in drum kits if I recall correctly, but it also allows you to use your own one-hit drum samples.

I think this might be more along the lines of what you are wanting? No midi. No Vsti.

I’m sensing that you like to tap/play your beats.
I’m wondering about maybe a usb/midi interface/cable. Using your drumachine to fire any drum plug or sf and even audio back from it.

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 21 2011, 8:50 PM)

$5? I can barely get out of bed for $5. :D
Quote: (TonyR @ Mar. 23 2011, 1:53 PM)

I'm sensing that you like to tap/play your beats.
I'm wondering about maybe a usb/midi interface/cable. Using your drumachine to fire any drum plug or sf and even audio back from it.

I don't think Tina wants to get into Midi Tony