Fra Diavolo Simmering

original compostion, Notion and jazz gui

Here’s my Player’ Journal posting, with a sound clip, about my latest composition.
Steve Carter - Player’s Journal

Steve

im not a jazz fan but i have to say i have a beutiful album by spirit called clear that features a lot of jazz tinged instrumentals & your piece reminded me of it
i must get that album out & play it again its so good …but i dont think im relaxed enuff to really apreciate jazz… whats the secret?
do jazz guitarists not do finger vibrato is that a rock thing?

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Feb. 01 2011, 2:57 PM)

im not a jazz fan but i have to say i have a beutiful album by spirit called clear that features a lot of jazz tinged instrumentals & your piece reminded me of it
i must get that album out & play it again its so good ...but i dont think im relaxed enuff to really apreciate jazz... whats the secret?
do jazz guitarists not do finger vibrato is that a rock thing?

Yeah, I remember that Spirit album, vaguely. I remember liking it. I don't know what the secret of listening to jazz is. I played a lot of rock and blues. Finger vibrato is a big part of rock and blues, but not so much in jazz. I was never much of a rock or blues guitarist. I got into jazz by listening to Horace Silver, Kenny Burrell -- guys who were funky. I have a little bit of my funkier guitar playing on my site.
Anyway, thanks for your comments.

Steve

Nice! Something about the music reminds me of some of Erik Satie’s compositions (e.g. Gymnopidie). Very relaxing.

T

Yea…
Scallops wrapped with Bacon and Lobster with Melted Butter and a 1 1/2 medium rare stake…
on the side…
Surf-and-Turf… :laugh:

I like that Ampeg Amp you’re playing on your front page…
What year is it ????
I’m in the middle of restoring a '74 B15N Bass Amp…

That song sounds pretty nice…
Just pull a little wetness outta the backing tracks…
I know…
It’s all a matter of taste…

Good Stuff…
:agree:
:)

Bill…

How far is Dover off the I-95 hwy ?
I’ve been past there many times, but not in to Dover…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Feb. 02 2011, 4:58 AM)

Yea..
Scallops wrapped with Bacon and Lobster with Melted Butter and a 1 1/2 medium rare stake..
on the side..
Surf-and-Turf.. :laugh:

I like that Ampeg Amp you're playing on your front page..
What year is it ????
I'm in the middle of restoring a '74 B15N Bass Amp..

That song sounds pretty nice..
Just pull a little wetness outta the backing tracks..
I know..
It's all a matter of taste..

Good Stuff..
:)

Bill..

How far is Dover off the I-95 hwy ?
I've been past there many times, but not in to Dover..

The Ampeg is 1966. All the tracks on my "Act One" solo CD were recorded with that. It was my working amp - about 150 gigs a year -- up until the last year or so. I'm 65 now, and even though I have a separate case for the top, so I can carry it in two pieces, it's a bit heavy, and tough to lug through New Hampshire snow banks. Dover is about 10 miles in from the ocean, near Portsmouth.

By the way, I see that Ampeg has issued a limited edition vintage B15. List price: $6000!

Yeah, too much wetness on the backing. This is just a very rough mix. I left the Notion reverb on the default setting, which is too high, when I exported to wav. Next mix I'll export all tracks individually, dry, and add reverb, just a touch, in nTrack.

Relaxing...that's what I hear all the time about my music. Too bad there's no money in 'relaxing'. :)

Steve
Quote: (scarter @ Feb. 02 2011, 9:35 AM)

Relaxing...that's what I hear all the time about my music. Too bad there's no money in 'relaxing'. :)

Steve

I hear you.. It's hard to be "relaxed" when there ain't no money comin in.. :)

It's tough enough to have to shovel the driveway for the Beamer.. he he he..

Bill..