Friend of Flavio?

Another nice Italian software guy

While googling around for Hammond organ sounds I came across http://www.soundfonts.it/. I included this in a recent reply to the Sondfonts track but thought it worth bringing out in a new topic.

There is a vst instrument called Organized Trio that, to my inexperienced ears, does everything I could want for B3/C3 sounds. Pure synthesis, no samples. There’s also a nice Wurly and a Rhodes that to me sound and play well, though I lack experience of the real things. Also some great effects. It is donationware; you can get rid of a nag screen by donating and registering.

I raise my hat to Mr. Guido Scognamiglio and will certainly be making a donation.

Happy Tracking. Cheers
TusterBuster :D

Guido’s a champ. OT is a great hammond for folks who don’t want to spend bux. I’ve been using Native Instruments B4 a lot, and OT doesn’t give me quite what I want. But if you started out using OT, it would do you fine. Far better than lots of hardware Hammond emulators from days gone by, like the Oberheim OB3. For example, with OT you can get that lovely bubbly sound when using scanner chorus with fast leslie and do palm slides. OB3 just won’t do it. Both are better than most synth Hammond sounds being flexible rather than static (except for the best of the crop from the last couple years, which have drawbar emulators).

MrRay73 kicks. No doubt about it. I prefer my own Rhodes soundfont in general (because I sampled my own Rhodes, with the EQ I use, to get it to sound just how I want it). But for typical vintage Rhodes sound, MrRay73 is better. Sounds an awful lot like Scarbee Rhodes. If you’ve tried any other versions of MrRay (or Lounge Lizard, or any other Rhodes emulator or soundfont) and not been totally satisfied, give MrRay73 a workout.

I’m planning on trying MrTramp ASAP, which is the newest of the three. Especially now that I have my speakers and amp working properly again (had to redo the sourrounds on my Bose 802’s, plus some other things that ended up being easy to fix like poslishing some connectors).

Unfortunately Guido is no longer interested in soundfonts, so that site isn’t the best for that. Right now, there isn’t a quality site for soundfonts. Closest I know of is Midi2sf.com.

Unfortunately Guido is no longer interested in soundfonts, so that site isn't the best for that. Right now, there isn't a quality site for soundfonts. Closest I know of is Midi2sf.com.

I guess you mean sf2midi.com

Er, yep! Thanks!