fRuity loops in ntrack

so how do i get fruity loops to run in ntrack?

Thanx Litmus

Just catching up from a few days away… Noticed this hasn’t been answered.

Three ways…

1. Export a wav from FL and import into N-track (easiest but least flexible). This is what I used to do.

2. Use FL as a rewire channel in N-track (add a rewire channel). This is what I do now.

or

3. Use FL as a VSTi in N-track. I can’t do this because the version of FL I have doesn’t allow for VSTi support. John does it like this, as do others I assume.

More details available if needed.

Mark

Thanx ill try the rewire first that sounds good,just got to get the old manule out and figure that out

thanx Litmus

You need the FL “pro” version or whatever it is… Look at the feature-list on the FL website and you’ll see that the cheapest version doens’t support VSTI.

Otherwise you can hit “add track, add midi track, FL vsti” or something like that.

Works great for me.
:cool:

cheapest version doens't support VSTI.

Hey John. You calling me cheap?

...anyways, that's why I use the rewire method.

Mark

Sometimes I mix the FL channels down to wav one at a time (solo) then import into n-track as separate tracks. Remember to set the BPM in Ntrack correctly. This way you can mix in N, add effects in N, draw on your envelopes, cut, paste, shift etc… gives you more flexibility with designing the sound you’re after from FL…

Sometimes I mix the FL channels down to wav one at a time (solo) then import into n-track as separate tracks. Remember to set the BPM in Ntrack correctly. This way you can mix in N, add effects in N, draw on your envelopes, cut, paste, shift etc... gives you more flexibility with designing the sound you're after from FL...

Yes. Absolutely. I usually only bother with sep tracks for Snare, Kick, Cyms, Toms, otherwise it gets a bit unwieldy.

Since I upgrade FL and N-track, the markers in FL come across into N-track - which is pretty handy.

Mark

"Description: FL Studio Express is the perfect drum machine. Used as VSTi, DXi or ReWire client it is the perfect companion for any other host. Upgrade to higher editions possible. Downloadable Version."

Does this mean I can now buy the cheapo version and use as a VSTi client in N ????? HELP

Does this mean I can now buy the cheapo version and use as a VSTi client in N ?? HELP

As John says, you need the "pro" version for Vsti, but the el cheapo version (wot I've got) works fine with Rewire.