g snap

has anyone got this plugin to work ok with ntrack or reaper…cos i cant figure it out
on 1 preset it does nothing & on the other it makes you sound like that autotune pop song effect.
i type in the key & the scale but when i check it its gone back to the default setting
we want it to correct dodgy notes in allys singing now we dont see her that often we havnt got the luxury of being able to get her to sing bits again

I’ve used Gsnap in n-track. I too saw what you are seeing - when you go back in it appears to have gone back to defaults. But I think that it’s just a GUI refresh problem and in the background it is still using the scale you have entered. I also used the Midi mode once or twice but it was too tricky.

Nowadays I tend to use Reatune in Reaper - either very gently in automatic mode just to tighten things up a bit, and/or surgically in manual mode to correct specific notes/phrases.

thanks mark that makes me feel a bit better
i tried reatune & it didnt seem to work either tho!! but that wasnt in manual mode i normaly only use presets
evrywhere i look on the internet people are saying how good gsnap is!! i cant get it to do anything useful

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Mar. 02 2011, 4:46 PM)

i tried reatune & it didnt seem to work either tho!! but that wasnt in manual mode i normaly only use
presets
evrywhere i look on the internet people are saying how good gsnap is!! i cant get it to do anything useful

Same here..
It's been around for ages.
I've downloaded the complete bundle..
I've got some of them to behave in n-Track. Late v4 and Early v5 builds..
However, I was unable to get the G-Snap to do much-if-anything..
Must have been me..I'm not sure if I have any of them installed on this machine..

Bill..
Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Mar. 02 2011, 2:46 PM)

i tried reatune & it didnt seem to work either tho!! but that wasnt in manual mode i normaly only use
presets

Keep in mind ReaTune is 3 plugs in one....

1. A tuner like any old guitar tuner
2. Automatic autotuner
3. Manual autotuner

Hit tab 2 for auto, put in a Time of like 75ms (higher values if you are getting TPain effects), check the enable box... off you go.

With auto tune you really can’t use presets; with GSnap you need to set the key, you really want to set the attack and percent effect and all that stuff.

As an upstanding rich, American, white, old dude - I use Melodyne Assistant. The best for pitch correction IMHO. Free for friends in a bind, I might add. “Will tune your vocal track for promise of pizza.” That’s my motto… :p

What flavour pizza?

Quote: (Mark A @ Mar. 02 2011, 7:54 PM)

What flavour pizza?

Road kill opossum and pomegranate... with laid on the river bank in the sun for a week carp.

UJ

Old family recipe?

Yup. I done gone and let it slip… ENJOY! :laugh:

UJ

Yum…

just the promise of pizza will suffice. TomS promised me a Guinness one time - I still plan on getting it one day.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 03 2011, 4:28 PM)

just the promise of pizza will suffice. TomS promised me a Guinness one time - I still plan on getting it one day.

Ahhh, I can promise many things :-)

As for Guinness you really need to go to Ireland. How about an n-track field trip?
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 02 2011, 7:32 PM)

As an upstanding rich, American, white, old dude - I use Melodyne Assistant. The best for pitch correction IMHO. Free for friends in a bind, I might add. "Will tune your vocal track for promise of pizza." That's my motto.... :p

If that's an offer to tune our vocals i feel i should say a big thankyou tommy.... but this is somthing we realy need to know how to do ourslves now our singer no longer lives round the corner & we cant spend the time with her we used to.
so are you saying this melodyne works whereas freeware ones like gsnap dont or dont work very well?
i have seen the power of pizza before but only over kids are you sure your an old dude?

GSnap works well enough, nowhere near as much control as the fancy pro thingie, but you will have to play with the settings - presents won’t work with this, in almost all cases.

but the intructions are so basic… ive tried turning the knobs but they dont seem to do anything
if you reckon it works ill have another go tonight

Well, one thing you can do is set it to a really extreme effect, with the smallest attack time, maximum effect, and then slowly back off from there until you get the effect you want without really hearing it (which is the point with auto, mostly). Nothing like as much control with this as with Poppa’s pro software, but at least it’s free.

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 05 2011, 2:35 AM)

then slowly back off from there until you get the effect you want without really hearing it (which is the point with auto, mostly).

One of the nice things about Reatune is the graph that shows you what is going on - how much correction is being applied. Is Gsnap still being developed? Some kind of indication of its working would be a great addition.