German Transaltion

Great idea Marce, :)

but only if we can have it in Gaelic too! :D

Which, incidentally, I haven’t spoken, except at my long gone parent’s home, since I went to high school. :)

Ali

Ali,

I PM’d you on that other forum but I’m getting paranoid because you never have answered.

Regards,

Don ???

What a great thread… Boy, It’s hard to get Off-Topic on this one… lol… :p

Bill…

P.S. I was working on writing a new topic here… But I have it bad… Big Time… I have to re-format… My browser and Outlook Express is not working right… I think I have a virus… I was trying to explain, in this new topic, how these codes are transfered right through firewalls and security applications… I found this page that was discussing this stuff, in great detail… They appear to be able to “Hide” their codes in music files better than any other kinds of file transfers… It’s called something like, third-party virus transfer… Now, I’m on a modem and dial-up… their not too concerned about useing someone like me to transfer their codes… But I can get it… And, they appear to be after the Big Servers that are mainly storeing music files on their drives…

I thought my security was pretty tight here… But I’m gonna begin to format all my “C” drives… I don’t know how I’m gonna handle the drives that I have all this data on…

I loose my browser and dial-up about every five minutes now… It’s not getting any better…

Marce,

you can make it even easier. In my own programs I also use a simple text-file. I simply write every command in a new line. e.g.

<!–QuoteBegin>

File
Edit
Help
New
Save
Save as
Print
Exit
About

This gives every command an exact line number. When the program starts up I stream the whole file into memory (an string array on heap for those who’re interessted. :p) and simply use a short function which finds every command by number. The idea was exactly the same you had. Everybody should be able to translate the application into his prefared language. Oh and text-files are a bit easier to create than ressource files.

Flavio is basicaly doing the same using ressources compiled into dll’s which is the microsoft-way of doing the same. Therefor he’s abble to compile nearly everything into a dll. He also has all dialog boxes, cursors, some bitmaps (e.g. the logo) and some other stuff compiled into one dll. The advantage is that I would have to programm this ability myself and reinvent the whell if I wanted to do the same using plain text files. In this case ressource files are easier to handle.

(so was this OT or not? ???)

Elwood :blues: :blues:

Bill,

I see what you mean by ‘files hidden in files’. I know that but frankly I don’t believe that this is the case for you. Simply because a vius in mp3-file can’t unpack itself from the mp3-file. This only works with executable files (*.exe, *.dll and *.com on DOS). For other file formats it needs another application which (finds and) unpacks the virus.

El

Hi Elwood Blues:
By chance, I happened to come on to this page… I really don’t understand computers at the level I should or at the level this page was at… I assume that from reading the information that was being passed on, that the virus application companies are baffeled by what is beginning to happen out there… After I got up and running in late April, I began to download the '98 updates to get the '98 SE patches, I began to have trouble getting on to the Micro Soft update page… I had to relax my security filters just to get on to the page… then strange things began to happen… I am unable to log on to MS Messenger… But I can use my hotmail address, and anything that I need net Passport for… But no MS Messenger… Strange… No problem with Yahoo… That’s great… Well…

When I open my browser, I see mabey one-or two screen flickers while the browser “Opens” I never used to get that on past installs of my Operating System…

Bill…

Hallo,
is it possible to get a german translation for nTrack 4.0?
If yes, where can I get it?
Many thanks for your answers.