Glam Rock Style Track.

Any opinions on the nuance.

I enjoy noodling around with different genres. I’ve got a groove going round my head and fancy buiding it in a proper Glam styleee. Spent a couple of weeks plugged into all the usual suspects, particularly migrating toward The Sweet (memories of worn-out tape), and Hot Chocolate. I’ve only just realised what fantastic writer of simplistic and timeless Pop Errol Brown is.

Of cousre, it’s gotta have the; Dum Di Dum Di Dum beat, and I’ve got the basic song stucture scribbled down. I’m working on the chorus (on my son’s pc with Audacity until I get my machine back)that was getting quite strong until it started to go a bit ‘Son Of My Father’ Scrubbed!

If anyone fancies throwing ideas in, to get the feel right? Cool.

So…where’s the track? ???

There isn’t one, yet. It’s still ‘up-side de head’, on paper and ideas squirted into Audacty.
Dum Di Dum Di Dum Di Dum.
:laugh:

well, be sure to use the short slap vocal sound of T. Rex!

Still no DAW so going through drum libraries - can’t find a clap that sounds 70s authentic.
Dialing through guit fx for a kind of ‘You Sexy Thing’/‘Man Who Sold The World’. ?

Bubba! What would you suggest for the nuance and technique?

I got me some Wailers!

I got a “Clap” Sample…
That’s if you’re stuck, to find one…

Bill…

Cheers, Bill. If your Clap is home-made, I’d be delighted - I’ve got an alergy to off-the-peg Hits. What delay hardware would have been prefered on this kind of track?
Hey Bill! Just heard a track on the radio that I imagine you’re bored to death with. It’s not on UK playlists yet, but I believe it’s big on your patch - Lucky Uke - Cum On Feel The Noize. Love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx5wrm6Hck4

have you got your pc back yet tony?
My hero from that era was without a doubt gary glitter, i know you have to be brave even mentoining his name now hes beeen exposed, but that sound he had on his records was awesomly original. The guitar sound & the drums & the vocal chants were genius. i went to a couple of his Christmas shows in the 80s.that guitar sound is easy to copy
sorry this is probably not helping you

Tina

Buh Bum Duh Clap Buh Bum Duh Clap :laugh:
That’s what I’m onabout. D’you fancy doin’ some Bolan style wailing?

No:-( Still no daw - next week. But scribbling on other gizmos.

Tony i’d be better at whaling probably . I cant sing!

is that a ‘yes’, then?

TREX!!!

You’re right, Tina, I cannot hear RnR P2 without a visceral reaction. Immoral vicious creep.