Go Bruffie Go!

and the team

Hey you spuds! I entered Makes Me Wanna in the collab contest on SC

http://board.soundclick.com/viewtopic.php?p=2482476#2482476

but they made some “country club” rules for the voting - You have to have 20 posts before posting a vote, everyone will know exactly who you voted for. I argued against the idea back in March but had to give up. Anyway, the contest starts in September.

GOOD LUCK TO THE TEAM WHO PUT THE TRACK TOGETHER!!

Thanks nixon1972.

Ya that will make it a locals fav. I left soundclick today. Good luck ping

Thanks Kev,

I’m sure it won’t exactly be to everyone’s taste, but worth a go :agree:

Good luck to Poppa, Kev Myers, Pingcat, Jdet and me :)

and y’all :agree:

Quote: (Levi @ Aug. 11 2009, 10:30 PM)

Ya that will make it a locals fav.
I left soundclick today.
Good luck ping

Where'did you go??
Why go through the trouble to actually leave?

what’s up with leavin’ SoundClick?

Quote: (pingcat @ Aug. 11 2009, 9:20 PM)

Thanks nixon1972.

We're gonna need help here. None of the team has enough posts on SC to vote :)

Although Poppa has already made 3 posts in the contest string :whistle:

Love ya Poppa :)

Love you too buddy! You usin’ the time off to record? Anything new in the works for tunes?

Quote: (Bruffie @ Aug. 11 2009, 11:24 PM)

Quote: (pingcat @ Aug. 11 2009, 9:20 PM)

Thanks nixon1972.

We're gonna need help here. None of the team has enough posts on SC to vote
:)

Although Poppa has already made 3 posts in the contest string
:whistle:

Love ya Poppa
:)

True but it doesn't take long to rack up a few posts, I bet you guys would be interested in the Guitar Talk threads, Also you could post some of your tunes in the promo sections, theres one for country, and rock is pretty active.

I would stay away from the forums on recording and equiptment, some of the guys that dominate those are just rude and ridiculous,

The fellow who runs the contests is a talented musician, Larry Ludwick, good guy, very democratic kind of leader, there was another good musician who entered the contest, I think March, and he posted a note on his page that people could register and vote for him in the contest. Well there was all this reaction and they changed the rules to say you had to post a vote.

I think win or lose the exposure and plays is what it's worth, you get in contact with some others, meet some new people. :)
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Aug. 11 2009, 11:35 PM)

Love you too buddy! You usin' the time off to record? Anything new in the works for tunes?

I have all the time in the world and not a single inspiration in my head :) Worse than that...I'm suffering a big crisis of confidence in my vocals :disagree:

On the plus side, a friend of mine and I shot some video footage at the weekend for 'Makes Me Wanna' he's editing it now. Watch this space :)

Inspiration sminspiration. Hit record!
???

Quote:

On the plus side, a friend of mine and I shot some video footage at the weekend for 'Makes Me Wanna' he's editing it now. Watch this space

how cool will that be? cheesy late 80's queensryche (operation mindcrime) type of video, or something different?

Quote:

Worse than that...I'm suffering a big crisis of confidence in my vocals

it's already recorded, and the recording cares not if you are confident now or not. still sounds great regardless.

Quote:

I have all the time in the world and not a single inspiration in my head

me too. both points will reverse soon. then i'll be mad instead of just lazy.
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Aug. 12 2009, 6:54 PM)

Quote:

On the plus side, a friend of mine and I shot some video footage at the weekend for 'Makes Me Wanna' he's editing it now. Watch this space

how cool will that be?
cheesy late 80's queensryche (operation mindcrime) type of video, or something different?

Quote:

Worse than that...I'm suffering a big crisis of confidence in my vocals

it's already recorded, and the recording cares not if you are confident now or not.
still sounds great regardless.

Quote:

I have all the time in the world and not a single inspiration in my head

me too.
both points will reverse soon.
then i'll be mad instead of just lazy.

Mindcrime still one of my favourite Metal albums of all time (along with 'Hellfire Club' by Edguy). Eyes of a Stranger is still one of my favourite songs in any genre. They did some great cheesy vids for that album :agree:

i personally liked the title track and ‘mission’