Great Work Flavio but

Hey Tom,

It can’t hurt to try it out and seeing it progress so quickly makes it even more tempting. One thing that N has never been a problem with is intsalling and uninstalling- at least in my experience. It can be put on and taken off as easily as a hat. Ok, I’ll let you know if I give it my blessing or think it has to go back to confession again! I can’t let you have all the fun- especially not after this : ‘:angry:

no cents

Don’t forget to get permission first from that “SweetBitch” Dr Watson before running N! :D

Tom, you must really hate poor Dr. Watson! Give the doc a chance for cryin’ out loud! (S)he had a sex change and the poor Dr. has a lot on his/her mind!

Tom, I know the solution for you. Get yourself over to www.litepc.com and pick up a copy of XP lite. This software is most excellent. It adds program remove/restore options for almost every feature (headache) in the add/remove programs selection in the control panel. I have the version for win 98/ME (called 98lite). I’ve taken out almost everything: the Watson family, IE, OE, Media Player, and 50 other things and now I have a highly efficient almost transparent operating system which is probably 20-30% faster overall.

Its just what the Dr. ordered ':;):'

no cents

ps- 1770 is closer to being done than any previous build. I saw the gray transition when loading files and wonder if its intended or not. There are some nice little improvements that I saw immediately. Flavio is going in the right direction. I’ll meet you at 4.1!

Tom, you must really hate poor Dr. Watson! Give the doc a chance for cryin’ out loud! (S)he had a sex change and the poor Dr. has a lot on his/her mind!

Tom, I know the solution for you. Get yourself over to www.litepc.com and pick up a copy of XP lite. This software is most excellent. It adds program remove/restore options for almost every feature (headache) in the add/remove programs selection in the control panel. I have the version for win 98/ME (called 98lite). I’ve taken out almost everything: the Watson family, IE, OE, Media Player, and 50 other things and now I have a highly efficient almost transparent operating system which is probably 20-30% faster overall.

Its just what the Dr. ordered ':;):'

no cents

ps- 1770 is closer to being done than any previous build. I saw the gray transition when loading files and wonder if its intended or not. There are some nice little improvements that I saw immediately. Flavio is going in the right direction. I’ll meet you at 4.1!

I don’t understand these “n-Track doesn’t get along with Dr. Watson” comments.

Dr. Watson doesn’t run as a “TSR” - it runs when a host program encounters an error and the Windows error handler picks it up.

If Dr. Watson is opening when you run n-Tracks it means the program generated an error.

Quote (slowfingers @ Feb. 18 2005,23:33)
I don't understand these "n-Track doesn't get along with Dr. Watson" comments.

Dr. Watson doesn't run as a "TSR" - it runs when a host program encounters an error and the Windows error handler picks it up.

If Dr. Watson is opening when you run n-Tracks it means the program generated an error.

Nocents, thanks for the tip/link I'm on it and I owe you one!

Hi fingers,
I agree with you totally. My observations are coming from zonealarm pro's active program list. It took me a while to see this activity in action but in my system I'm afraid this is reality! After getting booted so much I started watching the active program list to see if I could find what else was running in the background, because it seemed like a conflicting program issue. Ntrack was freezing for ridiculous reasons. I removed all but ntrack and zonealarm from the list.
Then operated ntrack until I was booted and I found DrWatson on the list. Ok here is the weird part. Not really knowing what DW was for I started checking the program list to see if I could catch it on the list before ntrack froze. I did, I found it back on the list before getting booted from ntrack. So I would simply remove DrWatson from the active program list (it was acting like add and remove programs) If I removed DrWatson from zonealarms active program list, I wasn't booted from ntrack and could continue editing. Sound weird? It is! Thats why I hate that program! I think I've picked up a trogan and it's using other programs. I believe that the artist upload colab feature might be tempting to trogans, I'm just guessing. I have, norton antivirus, spyware killer, spyware doctor, noadware, Registry Mechanic scaning my comp at least twice daily to figth this crap. I've scaned and cleaned so much I'm not getting many errors with them now. The current N builds 1769 and 70 are not showing registry errors like the previous builds, so I think Watson in my case has been hijacked. The only real problem I have is that I'm not smart enough to kill this bitch! But I'm working on it. There is some truth to what I'm saying and there is probably some off the mark comments made here too. The truth lies somewhere in between, but for now I'm only getting DrWatson on my zonealarm acitve program list, when ntrack vanishes from view, and I'm getting no error messages.
Thanks for your conisrn fingers!
As for my testing 4.04 and reporting bugs, I didn't pay to do that; I paid for 3.3 because it worked.

Yes- we are NOT testers. If we were we should get a free copy of the program. We always should report bugs, of course. But we are NOT the testers- unless some of us are wierd and want role play.

Tom, thank you for recognizing what I said in a previous post.

N track has set a standard for itself, especially with v3.3 and maybe in some earlier versions as well.

There is NO reason to accept a newer version that has fallen under this standard without criticism. I don't think there was ever this much testing and bug reporting going on the whole duration of 3 as there has been for v4.0 to 4.04.

Some are trying to make excuses that a room full of testers is needed like the big companies- but you and I know thats bull because we know 3.3 is stable and never needed such testing. Look at Tracktion as another example before it was bought out - about $100 and excellent stable interface and function.

We are the programs users and Flavio is the beneficiary of our giving him money to use the program. The business model is no different than Sony or Avid or any other big company so we don't have to treat him as a sacred cow (or sacred cannoli - I like that better than cow). We are not paying to be testers.

If Flavio falters I can understand that and he should understand that he should be subject to constructive criticism. Its the way the world works.

As I mentioned above, if we are to be testers we should receive some compensation for that effort. I know that Cakewalk gave free copies of Sonar to people it accepted as beta testers (I know because I tried). If Flavio needs us as testers he should do something similar and he'll get the best feedback possible. I think its reasonable that for those of us who supported him by taking the early plunge with v4 and have spent much more time than is reasonable testing and debating about v4's problem we should receive something for our loyalty and generosity. What exactly we should receive I would leave up to Flavio though some kind of incentive to stay with the program (reduced upgrade to v5?- I don't know) would be reasonable- its the smart and courteous thing to do.

no cents
but you and I know thats bull because we know 3.3 is stable and never needed such testing.
Sorry. Go get the first version of 3.0 and see if you still feel that way. I never never never got V2.3 to ever work on my machine. V3.0 was buggy as #### when it came out. I stayed with V2.1 until V3.3 came out, though I did have V3.1 going ok for a while. I am wierd. I get paid to test. I like to test. Don't do it if you don't want to. No one of forcing you to do it.

You're asking for the same level of testing by one guy that a big company can do for software that costs a fraction of what those other apps cost. (EDIT: And publically bad mouthed and cussed at many folks trying to help you, and even those that didn't.)

I suggest you stick with with V3.3 and stop bellyaching. Your attitude and expectations of one guy pisses me off. If you aren't satisfied ask for you money back and use it to by ProTools.

This is funny. Everybody & their dog complained about v 3.0.X but that’s where I came in. I haven’t had problems at all so I never upgraded - if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it etc etc.
I got an additional laptop some time ago so I bought v4 and put in there, but since I don’t have a soundcard for that machine yet, I haven’t used it for anything but playback. Sooo, while I’m looking for funds you people will be my guinea pigs testing out v4 and getting it bug free.
I can live with that :cool:

You're asking for the same level of testing by one guy that a big company can do for software that costs a fraction of what those other apps cost.

No we're asking for (and paid) the same level of stability & usability that was set at 3.3 which was not done by a big company- not that I know of. As for the old "fraction of the others" argument (very tired and hackneyed now) take a look at Tracktion and Zynewave Podium- no fractions there.

In a totally unintended way you make a good point. The expense of the much more thoroughly tested and debugged programs is justified to offset the irritations of the inexpensive programs- at least in theory though it looks to be the case right now.

I suggest you stick with wi V3.3 and stop bellyaching.

So far your suggestions for me haven't been of any use and sound much more like bellyaching and whining than my constructive criticism of N. You're going to hear a lot more constructive criticism from me and others until the major problems are resolved so I suggest you don't read the posts or better yet, switch to another program. Its obviously very disturbing for you to read logical criticisms. You're ruled by your emotions

Your attitude and expectations of one guy pisses me off.

See. You're very much ruled by your emotions. I suggest you spend many months away from this board, N and computers in general. Take St. Johns Wort. Thats known to balance emotionally disturbed people. ':D'

Don't worry. No one expects much from you. Every day and in every way you're getting better and better ':angry:' ':O' ':)' See! On medication that would be your progression! ':p' Uh oh! - looks like you've had a little too much medication....

If you aren't satisfied ask for you money back and use it to by ProTools. So you did that? Well good luck to you with Pro Tools. I didn't know that Flavio offered refunds. Some people who have 3.3 might want a refund if they bought 4. Maybe they'd hold off until 5 or until it looks like 4 is cleaned up. For me, I'll just stay here watching everything progress build by build. You go off an enjoy yourself. I'm old fashioned- I'll stick around. I don't believe in refund. Pays your money and takes your choice- thats what I was raised on. Yeah, you go off an take a much needed break . I'll stay right here

no cents

ps- this is a special ps

(EDIT: And publically bad mouthed and cussed at many folks trying to help you, and even those that didn't.) Well doggy- an EDIT! Poor Phoo! You just can't let go of the past. I see you had to come back and EDIT because you just can't let go. St Johns Wort to the rescue!

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to help. Did anyone else do any better?

Anyway, why should I forget this tidbit:

<!–QuoteBegin>

oh, phukk ophph phoo, you old pheathered phart. no more of your phony philibustering- its phairly obvious you’re phlagging and phlapping about is phull of it. phriggin’ ####.

Did I mention the phriggin graphics phukkerupper? Phukk no, so no need phor you to phragg me off and phlapp your choppers over it.

Phoo on you.

no cents

No need to apologize foo. Like I said originally- no one really could help except Flavio. He has started to fix up and clean up said graphics flappers- check out builder 1770- he says so hisself. Looks like it all worked out like I spected it. Just hope he keeps on keepin on.

We all learn from each other. Lately I been learnin from Tom some things.

no cents

Well maybe you shouldn’t- its very creative, funny and doesn’t contain one real cussword. Yes- do remember it like you have been all this time. Maybe you should make up a website about it?

For me, I think it was a little fun and hopefully it helped pull you through all this time. You definately needed it and I’m so glad you absorbed it so thoroughly. You can repeat it to yourself before you go to bed for stronger effect. Hopefully it will help cure your analretentive attitude towards people who offer constructive criticisms of a program they bought which has problems you and no one else but the programmer can cure. So live it , learn it and love it! ‘:D

<:D> Phoo and Nocents, both of you cowboys are doin great things here on the forum! Phoo is always helping anyone and everyone, spending valuable time everyday! Cheers Phoo!
Nocents, has spirit, and says to Flavio the things that take a little curage to say, my hats off to you Mr Nocents, you too take some heat and keep on tickin! And your a very nice guy!I think we should all buy each other lunch or better yet maybe we should all by Flavio Lunch, someplace of his choosing! I mean this guy is eather made of leather or has duckback feathers for a coat! Evey bug report I send, he takes issue with and repairs um within a short time, no mater what darogitory comments I make about N! Very impressive Mr Flavio! Thanks a Million!
All I’ve got to say is thanks guys! Your all, allright!

You think it’s funny to say stuff like that to some one that was truly trying to help, then you say I needed it and that you hope it helped me through all this time? Through what?

Read that quote out loud just once and then maybe you’ll hear the insults and cuss words in it. Only some one with no sense would not read it why it was intended. It was intended as a vulgar flame. To imply otherwise after the fact is insulting, yet again.

Where’s the screen shot of the graphic crap n-Tracks is causing on your machine?

<!–QuoteBegin>

Hopefully it will help cure your analr etentive attitude towards people who offer constructive criticisms of a program they bought…

I haven’t seen you offer much in the way of constructive criticism. I’ve seen you tell people to not buy it because it doesn’t work. I’ve seen you tell people to get an AMD because that’s what you have, yet you are having all kinds of problems on that platform for whatever reason. I’ve seen you say WinME is the most stable version of Windows there is on you machine. I have an attitude toward ingrates.

<!–QuoteBegin>
…which has problems you and no one else but the programmer can cure.

So, if Flavio - the programmer - isn’t the right person to fix these problems just who is? I sure can do it. I’m trying to figure out what these problems are so he can fix them. So far your issues look like nothing more that a locked PCI bus. That can happen when there is slow disk IO.

Let’s see some real screen shots of your problems, with exact repro steps.

Let’s stop being angry at me because you are frustrated with the lack of official FASoft support. I’m just a volunteer that hasn’t once seen the issues you claim are so bad that it makes V4 a ripoff.

If it was “just the app” then I wouldn’t be finishing up a couple of projects with it. Why are you so sure it’s not something else?
Quote (Tom @ Feb. 19 2005,17:13)
<:D> Phoo and Nocents, both of you cowboys are doin great things here on the forum! Phoo is always helping anyone and everyone, spending valuable time everyday! Cheers Phoo!
Nocents, has spirit, and says to Flavio the things that take a little curage to say, my hats off to you Mr Nocents, you too take some heat and keep on tickin! And your a very nice guy!I think we should all buy each other lunch or better yet maybe we should all by Flavio Lunch, someplace of his choosing! I mean this guy is eather made of leather or has duckback feathers for a coat! Evey bug report I send, he takes issue with and repairs um within a short time, no mater what darogitory comments I make about N! Very impressive Mr Flavio! Thanks a Million!
All I've got to say is thanks guys! Your all, allright!

*boink*
Quote (Tom @ Feb. 19 2005,17:13)

All I've got to say is thanks guys! Your all, allright!

Tom, you might not be on happy pills but if you could bottle your attitude and sell it you'd be rich! ':laugh:'
It would be interesting to sit down to lunch with Flavio- imagine all the things he could talk about and all the suggestions we could pass on to him. I think he's doing a good job of taking the criticism impersonally and objectively, which he should. Last time I looked he was sellin programs on a web site and they weren't free, so he's runnin a business and businesses have obligations. Now you look at the guys who write totally for free and its awesome stuff: Audacity, Ardour, Muse, Rosegarden and others. Unbelievable multitrack programs for absolutely nothing! If I was usin that stuff I would just make REQUESTS because those guys don't owe me squatto. Now I haven't seen anything official about who is behind Fasoft- it could be an 18 legged octopus for all I know- but it doesn't matter - its running as a business and has to be treated as one- it ain't run for charity. I seen people on the Cubase, Sonar, and Samplitude forums rip into the company and attack specific employees in the company. Its not my way of doin things, but they did get the company suits on the forum and those company official had to bite their tongues and answer back politely because as they say in Texas: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! And thats the bottom line.

I respects Flavios (or whoevers) ability to program, keep the price low and keep his ear to the ground but that never takes away the business obligation.

Price is important but far from everything. When you buy aspirin its cheap but you want it to take AWAY your headaches and not make them worse. So just like medicine, multitrack programs can be cheap or expensive- but they've all gotta work right cause a lot is ridin on em- OUR MUSIC.

no cents

ps- chill out fooo dude. you take things way too seriously and one thing it does to you is make you a poor listener. i splained everything about those graphic fruitloops- you just didn't see it- trying to prove yer points too much so u pick n choose from some unimportant crapola I had written. yur already off on something else - locked pci bus and i'm angry at you- sure, thats not a paranoid dude ':laugh:' nice thing is the graphics problems everyones been havin are startin to get fixed- Fasoft has heard and in 6 months i'll be usin N4.1 too!

Check this out peeps:

http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/

Its ‘awesome’ if I say so myself and absolutely $0.00. Five frkkin years they spent cookin this up and theys give it away!!

I ain’t switchin, but Im gonna keep my eye on it. Maybe down the road- lets see how things at this address work out. And they even got a money version on CD totally loaded and ready to rock:

http://www.ferventsoftware.com/

Hey, if this keeps up I might try and figure out what the heck this Linex thing is. May be some of them free software nuts is onto something and transition time (off old windows) is nearin. Gotta keep a watch on things now- Free Cubase- crazy sumb
ches!

no cents

ps- note to myself: drink less

Pro Tools For Linex (totally free) Shite!!

Pro Tux

When these guys get to 1.0 I’m tryin this bugger.
Now thats a cool interface I could see myself in front of for a lot hours. I hope it works out. The more choises the better!

These Linex people must be a little crazy or very very dedicated to write such programs. Linex Pro Tools- I guess this will solve the debate about which is better- Linex Pro Tools is obviously because its free!

no cents