Hardware reverb/FX units

Opinions please…

I just bought the Lexicon MX200 but am returning it for two reasons: it’s got a nasty buzz on one channel, and the VST feature doesn’t work at 96KHz (per the manual), only at 44.1KHz or 48KHz. Darn shame, too - the VST functionality looked interesting.

Could use some opinions on the different reverb/fx units out there.
I’m looking for something in the $200 range… (VST not required)

:cool:

I use the TC Electronic M300. It is more basic than the Lexicon MX200 and doesn’t have the flexibility either, but it performs well. I recommend you give it an evaluation.

HEck, the Lexi MPX110 are amazing for the price. Not as many bells as the 200, but a great unit none the less. I think they are getting phased out by the 200, so you might find a deal on them new. You can also go used. 110s are everywhere.

Wow, John, I am sorry to hear that, the thing looked so interesting. Wonder why no support for 96K?

Quote (TomS @ July 13 2005,15:29)
Wow, John, I am sorry to hear that, the thing looked so interesting. Wonder why no support for 96K?

I don't know... The manual says that you may experience "unexpected results" if you feed it anything except 44.1 or 48Khz.

From what I gathered by flipping through the book before I re-packed it, the VST portion only serves to control the settings of the box - you still need to get the audio stream to the box and back into your computer. I'm guessing you would somehow use the spdif in/out on the Lexicon? Would you be able to use it as an effect on an aux channel that way?

I have a couple of hardware verbs and they work great. What I really would love to have is Fenders stand alone reverb. I love that sound the Ventures (and a lot of surf groups) got by palm-muting the strings and getting that boink sound…kills me everytime. I can get it with the J-Station but its unpredictable.