help! cannot install n-Track with Vista

help! cannot install n-Track with Vista

I tried to install n-Track on my PC following the instructions - more than a few times - and I get various`“error” boxes at each attempt (not even the same “errors” each time -go figure). - Am I doing something wrong? - or is it just Vista being worthless and useless as per usual?

Hi barbarandroid:

I have, and along with other
users up here have the latest version and build of n-Track installed on machines with Vista Home Premium 32-bit Operating System…
I would suggest downloading the application to a folder on your Hard Drive
then installing it from that folder…
as opposed to “installing-and-running” the application as it is being downloaded from a temporary folder…
A suggestion would be…
Download
the “EXE” file to your “Download Folder”… or create a folder and call it n-Track folder…
then launch the install EXE file from there…
Some installations run slow on some machines…
BUT…
the install execute has been very stable…

Bill…

Never a problem here with Vista.

I don’t use Vista, but I have read about things not installing because the user did not have the “Rights” to install programs to Vista. Have you installed other programs without a problem? Do you have the “administrator right” (I don;t know what it is called) - but Microsoft has a way of turning on “safety features” with downloaded updates.

Try to right click on the download and click run as administrator. To try it that way. I’ve never had to do that though. I run n on two different Vista machines.

Thank you all for your replies.
I’ve tried all your solutions and unfortunately nothing works.
After multiple attempts all I have succeeded in doing is installing a non-fonctionnal version of n-Track that won`t open and just gives me error boxes - then after many attempts the program opens and asks me to register (which I have already done) and then closes without prompting my password. So either I’m completely missing something here or I need to install a previous version of Windows like XP (a version that actually permits you to run a program on your computer) because so far nothing works.
And also - will I need to change my sound card as well? - I have this bad feeling that my soundcard will turn out to be incompatible too…

Hi barbarandroid:

Something is weird with your setup…
Maybe, post your computer’s specs-and-setup and all…

That might not be of any help to me to sort out…
but…
someone up here might see why you are unable to complete the install on your setup…
Are you up-to-date with all the Microsoft updates ?
and all…
??

Is your Operating System 32-bit…
OR…
64-bit ????

Bill…

Quote: (barbarandroid @ Sep. 10 2009, 2:31 PM)

Thank you all for your replies.
I've tried all your solutions and unfortunately nothing works.
After multiple attempts all I have succeeded in doing is installing a non-fonctionnal version of n-Track that won`t open and just gives me error boxes - then after many attempts the program opens and asks me to register (which I have already done) and then closes without prompting my password. So either I'm completely missing something here or I need to install a previous version of Windows like XP (a version that actually permits you to run a program on your computer) because so far nothing works.
And also - will I need to change my sound card as well? - I have this bad feeling that my soundcard will turn out to be incompatible too...

Sounds like a user account issue. Like woxnerx said, post your computer's specs-and-setup. It should us give a better feel for whats going on.

PACO

I, too, have the same problem as Barbarandroid on Windows Vista Business.

I have downloaded the n-Track Studio file and installed from the exe file. Have installed and uninstalled from my main account (I have administrator rights) by left clicking on the exe file and as administrator by right-clicking on the exe file various times and get the same result:

When I attempt to run n-Track, the program starts to open and then closes with the Windows message "n-Track Studio has stopped working."

What I have been able to do is select the Open n-Track option immediately after the installation process and get the program to run that way. I have even opened an mp3 file in n-Track with the initial open. However, once I close down n-Track and then go back to open it again, I get the same Windows error message.

I am running Sony Sound Forge 9.0 (two track) on my system with no problems whatsoever.

I reported the problem to n-Track support. Am awaiting a reply.

My system:

Operating System: Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 2)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 2.5 GB
Motherboard: ASUS M25-VM
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE (On Board)
Audio Adapter: Realtec High Definition Audio (On Board)
Hard Drive C: Western Digital WDA ATA 232 GB
Hard Drive D: Western Digital WDA ATA 298 GB

Thanks for any tips.

nTrack has always been a pretty easy consistent and trouble free installation over the past 10 yrs.
Windows 98, XP, and Vista, no problems.
I remember new versions of V5 betas, that where a little troublesome requiring me to run a registry mechanic first.
But that turned out to be a virus on my machine.

One thing that will help would be to disable fletch, if your running vista.

But I would suggest uninstalling nTrack from your windows control panel (add and remove programs) and doing a fresh nTrack install.

Some other things that could help; If you know how to edit your registry that would definitely help after uninstalling, edit, search, nTrack; and delete any SPECIFIC instances of nTrack. BUT don’t’ try that unless your experienced with that, and don’t delete ANYTHING that doesn’t have the word nTrack in it.

When you do get nTrack to open, go to preferences and disable the check mark for check for newer versions.
And also uncheck; reload last song on startup.
Then you would be ready to start setting it up, tweaking it for your situation.

Finally got n-Track to operate properly after:

1. Uninstalling the last attempt to install

2. Running a Windows Vista Registry utility to fix/remove any errors in the registry.

3. Downloading and installing today’s version (v6.06, release date 9/21/2009

Thanks for the advice.