help...i get a fatal error when using effects

hey guys…when i try to insert plug-ins of effects in any track, i get the following error message:

"The application has failed to start because CWDXPX1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

The application runs fine when i press “ok” button…but why sould i even get this error in the first place?

I installed n-track a long time ago. they don’t even have the 3.3 version.

I am not sure if i even have the registration code saved…would i have to re-register again if i reinstall it :(

PS: The application runs fine…and after the error it actually brings up some cakewalk effects…not ntrack…isnt that weird…

Google search results

hehe…what the H3ll… :laugh:

I am looking through them right now…

hey crankz1…i solved the problem…i did a search on my drive and found the file. It was in my vst-plugin folder…but as someone suggested that you should have that file in the C:\windows directory. Thats exactly what I did…and it took care of it…

It wasnt really fatal or anything…but it was annoying especially when you have your speaker cranked up loud…and you know…the window error warning…can almost give you a heart attack… :laugh:

Thank god “fatal” means something different in microsoft world than it does in mine! lol

Ali

but it was annoying especially when you have your speaker cranked up loud...and you know...the window error warning...can almost give you a heart attack...

Heh. Thats why I turn off the windows sounds on my DAW :cool:

Mark
Quote (Mark A @ Sep. 14 2004,06:06)
but it was annoying especially when you have your speaker cranked up loud...and you know...the window error warning...can almost give you a heart attack...

Heh. Thats why I turn off the windows sounds on my DAW :cool:

Mark
professional tip #342:

Always have a basic consumerish soundcard installed as well as your "good" soundcard, and make the cheap card your Windows default.

Connect your good card to your pro mixer/monitors, and connect the cheap card's output to a set of cheap $6 beige computer speakers.

This way, any windows warning beeps will only come thru the small speakers, instead of blasting thru your good system, and causing blowing of speakers or soiling of undergarments.

If your "cheap' card is a SoundBlaster Live or better, you have a bonus Soundfont sampler.

Professional tip #342a, if you don’t have a cheap sound card, disable routing windows sounds through your DAW sound card.

From MusicXP.net

"Applications may still try to play sounds through your “pro” soundcard, so it is recommended that you disable this. Go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Hardware Tab > (highlight your soundcard from the list) > Properties > Audio Devices > (highlight your soundcard from the list) > Properties, and check the “Do not map through this device” checkbox. "